5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country Vertex Coilovers

JordanS93

Reaction score
I just wanted to post here, I am a first time poster, but have been reading a lot about different level, lift options. I was waiting for bilstein 6112 and 5160 combo, but after 10 weeks and no movement, I saw the Vertex and figured, why not. Maybe they aren't fox 2.5 DSC, but they are 1/2 the money and by the looks better than the bilsteins. I did both front and rear. Added the clayton 2.5 rear springs, I also cranked up the fronts. So I netted 3" (4" total because of rebel factory 1") and 1.5" rear (again 2.5 total). I finished up last night, so no driving yet, but really happy with the stance View attachment 110382 View attachment 110380
Looking to do the same thing as you. I have a Larmie with ORG so I get the 1" as well. Wouldn't doing this 2" coilover replacement net a 1" difference because you're removing the ORG spring? Forgive me if I'm wrong. I have the ready lift 2" kit so I would like to keep the 3" overall I have currently.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
They are half the money because they are throw away parts.

Coil overs are recommended to be rebuilt every 50k under normal operation, which you can’t do with those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just wanted to post here, I am a first time poster, but have been reading a lot about different level, lift options. I was waiting for bilstein 6112 and 5160 combo, but after 10 weeks and no movement, I saw the Vertex and figured, why not. Maybe they aren't fox 2.5 DSC, but they are 1/2 the money and by the looks better than the bilsteins. I did both front and rear. Added the clayton 2.5 rear springs, I also cranked up the fronts. So I netted 3" (4" total because of rebel factory 1") and 1.5" rear (again 2.5 total). I finished up last night, so no driving yet, but really happy with the stance View attachment 110382 View attachment 110380
Nice!! How did the ride compare to stock? Did you perform the wife/ significant other test yet?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Note for others thinking about buying. These RC shocks are made in Asia like a lot of their stuff and NOT rebuildable.

Unlike other reputable brands, who rebuild and service their coil overs/shocks. RC does not.

So take that into consideration before dropping 1k on suspension parts that will need to be thrown away down the road.

I’ve had fox and CST before. Well worth the extra money, for a quality component and finish that doesn’t corrode after a few winters.

You doing ok? @Whoa_Ram is giving free hugs if you need it

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Lol forgot I already mentioned that.

Whoopsi.

I just hate seeing people spend money without doing research into the actual product and where it’s made, and the support or lack thereof when it comes to expensive suspension components.

Cognito is another one lol.

Bmills1977

Reaction score
Nice!! How did the ride compare to stock? Did you perform the wife/ significant other test yet?
Haven't driven on them yet, but wifey is good. Also have factory power steps, so getting in is okay.

Bmills1977

Reaction score
Lol forgot I already mentioned that.

Whoopsi.

I just hate seeing people spend money without doing research into the actual product and where it’s made, and the support or lack thereof when it comes to expensive suspension components.

Cognito is another one lol.

I gotta tell you, when you call rough country, you get a person. A real person, no transfers, no long wait. A real person in Tennessee. I am guilty of doing too much research. And being made in Asia isn't the worst thing in the world. Saving money is important. Not sure you can touch these for the money. Again I'm not telling anyone they are better than a fox 2.5 dsc. Or custom kings. They might be better than the cheaper foxes, for the same money. And they have adjustability build in. I think they are so far sweet. I'm taking the truck hunting at the end of the month. I'll be able to tell how they perform by then in pretty much any situation.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I gotta tell you, when you call rough country, you get a person. A real person, no transfers, no long wait. A real person in Tennessee. I am guilty of doing too much research. And being made in Asia isn't the worst thing in the world. Saving money is important. Not sure you can touch these for the money. Again I'm not telling anyone they are better than a fox 2.5 dsc. Or custom kings. They might be better than the cheaper foxes, for the same money. And they have adjustability build in. I think they are so far sweet. I'm taking the truck hunting at the end of the month. I'll be able to tell how they perform by then in pretty much any situation.
That’s a big reason why I went with the Eibachs. I almost bought the rough country’s, but I saw a lot of reports of them riding like a 1 ton truck so I shied away from it.

Bmills1977

Reaction score
That’s a big reason why I went with the Eibachs. I almost bought the rough country’s, but I saw a lot of reports of them riding like a 1 ton truck so I shied away from it.
I'll let you know how they ride, figure a couple weeks to find what settings to use. The drive around the block felt good. I have always stayed away from "rough" country for the same reason, but figured what the hell this time. Waited for ever for the bilsteins on back order, and just didn't want to wait anymore.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score

Correct you get a real person, because their customer service is located in the states. But almost all of their products ( other than the actual fabricated lift products) are outsourced to Asia with zero support.

At least They were quick to answer all my questions when I asked about rebuilds, that’s when they told me there was no support, and they offer no rebuilds.

That’s when I decided to go with a USA manufactured brand. Where if I had an issue with a suspension component I dropped over 1k in, they would fix it. Unlike RC.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Looking to do the same thing as you. I have a Larmie with ORG so I get the 1" as well. Wouldn't doing this 2" coilover replacement net a 1" difference because you're removing the ORG spring? Forgive me if I'm wrong. I have the ready lift 2" kit so I would like to keep the 3" overall I have currently.
You are 100% correct. When he removed the factory suspension up front he removed the 1" of lift. If he has the coilovers cranked enough to give him a 4" lift he is in for a laundry list of issues.

Bmills1977

Reaction score
You are 100% correct. When he removed the factory suspension up front he removed the 1" of lift. If he has the coilovers cranked enough to give him a 4" lift he is in for a laundry list of issues.
I did the math again, and I'm at 3.5" total up front. I added 1/2 more inch of tension to the spring. I also added UCA's. So I should be okay. I have no bind in the UCA, and the CV angle looked fine at full droop. I measured before and after, I netted 1 extra inch of downward travel compared to stock. So not sure I'll see any mechanical issues. I'm very happy so far

Bmills1977

Reaction score

You can adjust these any way you want, they are a full adjustable coilover, the research I've done shows about 2.5 lift the way they ship. You could install, and adjust to your liking, 3" is doable. But you'd take the spacer out. I drove some today, and aimed for every bump I could find. Definitely better than stock. So far I'm impressed. Have fronts at 3 and rears at 1. Also running clayton 2.5" lift springs for the gladiator. I need the rake for towing.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I’m gonna revise this thread and ask @Bmills1977 how do you like them? Worth the money? Softer than stock? I’m running a spacer lift now and would really prefer something softer and figured these might do the trick! Also you said they are height adjustable even though RC claims they’re not? I was looking into the 6 inch option but ideally I only want about 5-5.5” of lift

Tika

Reaction score
I anyone was interested, I got an email back from Rough Country's Support team which said their Vertex Coilovers were set to be released after the first of the year for the Ram DT's.
Rough country doesn't make shocks....they farm it out to " whoever".....I would spend extra money and buy suspension from a suspension company who makes what they sell........lift Co branded shocks are cheap for a reason.....anything beats oem but jeez, your already spending money anyway....just get the good stuff

Klicht87

Reaction score
I had rough country lifted coilovers for my previous 2018 Chevy Colorado and they ran just as good set of eibachs. I actually thought they had a more comfortable right with a lifted look. The eibachs were very stiff.

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
Rough country doesn't make shocks....they farm it out to " whoever".....I would spend extra money and buy suspension from a suspension company who makes what they sell........lift Co branded shocks are cheap for a reason.....anything beats oem but jeez, your already spending money anyway....just get the good stuff
Uh....I posted this over 2 years ago...who cares LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread