5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country Vertex Coilovers

agjr85

Reaction score
I assume these are just to pair with a bigger lift kit and not a way to actually lift a truck. ?

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
I assume these are just to pair with a bigger lift kit and not a way to actually lift a truck. ?
Yes, coilovers would lift the front end by replacing the front struts and spacers in their 6" lift. They may make them in shorter leveling versions but I didn't ask about that.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
I might be interested. I've ran coilovers in like 5 or 6 of my previous cars. I would be interested to see something for my truck too. Will they have an dampening adjustment?

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve been curious about this, since king prices are ridiculous. Procomp allegedly is coming out with theirs as well “soon”, although I’m sure the vertex shocks will be noticeably cheaper.

I’m also curious about what rear shocks they are going to do, if any, to pair with these? Some kind of reservoir deal in the back too?

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
I’ve been curious about this, since king prices are ridiculous. Procomp allegedly is coming out with theirs as well “soon”, although I’m sure the vertex shocks will be noticeably cheaper.

I’m also curious about what rear shocks they are going to do, if any, to pair with these? Some kind of reservoir deal in the back too?

I assume they would have same features as these, just built to 2019 Ram 1500 DT specs.

Derek_Rebel

Reaction score
These are my rear shocks. 2.0 fox dual reservoir. Going in the truck as we speak. I'm still looking at getting some front shocks. I spent just about $500 on rear shocks

Attachments

• IMG_20191115_112113_382.jpg
    IMG_20191115_112113_382.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 96

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
These are my rear shocks. 2.0 fox dual reservoir. Going in the truck as we speak. I'm still looking at getting some front shocks. I spent just about $500 on rear shocks
More reasonable price and better name brand. Some of these companies need a reality check on some of these prices.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
BDS front coil overs are $1,000 each for their 6” lift kit. Am I missing something there??
Are you sure about that? They should be more like 1500. And RC is a budget brand so it would make sense on the fronts being 1k per set, about 300-600 less than competitors.

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
More reasonable price and better name brand. Some of these companies need a reality check on some of these prices.
Fox 2.0 shocks are $160 each, RC's 2.0's are $90 each. Fox 2.5 Adjustable Resi's are $1300.each, The Vertex 2.5's are $800'pair ($400each) which is reasonable for a 2.5 Adjustable Resi pair.

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
800 dollar rear shocks? LOL

Here is the equivalent Fox 2.5 rear shock....$2200 for a pair

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fox 2.0 shocks are $160 each, RC's 2.0's are $90 each. Fox 2.5 Adjustable Resi's are $1300.each, The Vertex 2.5's are $800'pair ($400each) which is reasonable for a 2.5 Adjustable Resi pair.

Ahhh, I thought they were just basic reservoirs, didn’t look at them that closely and didn’t expect RC to even offer such a fancy rear option. I stand corrected, thanks (y)

Edit: it clearly says adjustable right on the link :LOL::whistle:

punkafide

Reaction score
I know this is an older thread, but I had something to add regarding the RC Vertex Coilover setup on the 1500 DT that may help others who are kicking the tires on purchasing these.

With all the great reviews, I had to purchase the RC adjustable Vertex coilover for the front ($999), no brainer for me. But, I was curious about how much better would the ride quality be if I purchased the matching rear adjustable Vertex shocks ($799) or is their another option. I mean the cost for these two shocks exceeds the price of the basic lift but knowing you gotta pay to play and that's still a budget compared to other brands. I called the guys at Rough Country to get some feedback and I was pleasantly surprised when they guy told me that the V2 monotubes ($250) are a good second option that will keep the ride quality high when paired with the front Vertex adjustable coilovers.

I hope that helps some of you that like the fronts but don't want to spend the extra money on the rears with regards to how it affects ride quality.

Reaction score
I know this is an older thread, but I had something to add regarding the RC Vertex Coilover setup on the 1500 DT that may help others who are kicking the tires on purchasing these.

With all the great reviews, I had to purchase the RC adjustable Vertex coilover for the front ($999), no brainer for me. But, I was curious about how much better would the ride quality be if I purchased the matching rear adjustable Vertex shocks ($799) or is their another option. I mean the cost for these two shocks exceeds the price of the basic lift but knowing you gotta pay to play and that's still a budget compared to other brands. I called the guys at Rough Country to get some feedback and I was pleasantly surprised when they guy told me that the V2 monotubes ($250) are a good second option that will keep the ride quality high when paired with the front Vertex adjustable coilovers.

I hope that helps some of you that like the fronts but don't want to spend the extra money on the rears with regards to how it affects ride quality.
So How is the ride compared tp stock ride?

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Note for others thinking about buying. These RC shocks are made in Asia like a lot of their stuff and NOT rebuildable.

Unlike other reputable brands, who rebuild and service their coil overs/shocks. RC does not.

So take that into consideration before dropping 1k on suspension parts that will need to be thrown away down the road.

I’ve had fox and CST before. Well worth the extra money, for a quality component and finish that doesn’t corrode after a few winters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bmills1977

Reaction score
I just wanted to post here, I am a first time poster, but have been reading a lot about different level, lift options. I was waiting for bilstein 6112 and 5160 combo, but after 10 weeks and no movement, I saw the Vertex and figured, why not. Maybe they aren't fox 2.5 DSC, but they are 1/2 the money and by the looks better than the bilsteins. I did both front and rear. Added the clayton 2.5 rear springs, I also cranked up the fronts. So I netted 3" (4" total because of rebel factory 1") and 1.5" rear (again 2.5 total). I finished up last night, so no driving yet, but really happy with the stance 20211107_083622.jpg 20211106_151402.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread