5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country Strut on ORP

Mrsundays

Reaction score
So I have a Laramie with the ORP. I am thinking about doing the RC lift struts as it comes with proper struts and springs so nothing is preloaded like the Bilstein or similar. I’m concerned because the ORP springs give it a little extra. Does anyone know of a 1” front spacer for the top? I’m going to do either BDS or Readylift UCA’s as well.

Mpickwith

Reaction score
Following this was looking at the RC Strut to level

Mrsundays

Reaction score
Following this was looking at the RC Strut to level
Got a response and they said it is preloaded. Someone in the FB group posted a side by side pic of the RC and factory struts and the RC one was definitely compressed. It’s decieving to the untrained because there’s no adjustability like a Bilstein or Fox.

RamSco

Reaction score
So I have a Laramie with the ORP. I am thinking about doing the RC lift struts as it comes with proper struts and springs so nothing is preloaded like the Bilstein or similar. I’m concerned because the ORP springs give it a little extra. Does anyone know of a 1” front spacer for the top? I’m going to do either BDS or Readylift UCA’s as well.
BDS kits replace the rear springs v most kits that use spacers on factory springs. If you go full BDS with their coilovers, you will end up level (more $ I realize). However, you will also sacrifice the factory 1” that the ORP provides since you replace both rear springs and front struts. A 6” BDS, in other words, will lift your ORP 5”. My Laramie ORP had factory rake. I chose the 6” BDS before they offered coilovers and now mine sits slightly high in front. I’m going to upgrade to coilovers to get back to level. One other aspect I really liked about BDS is their kit is compatible with 18” rims v most others that requires 20”. With 35’s, I appreciated the option to have 18” rims and gain sidewall on the tires. Pic for reference.

Attachments

• 09A0F323-B938-4933-9F3B-B48D1EE1B3D0.jpeg
    09A0F323-B938-4933-9F3B-B48D1EE1B3D0.jpeg
    147.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread