5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country speedometer calibrator

Diddy Sanchez

Reaction score
for those running larger tires, I recently installed the RC speedo cal on my rebel to read 35’s. Having the speedometer show the correct mph is great but the best part is it fixes the shift points too.
still got a pulsar sitting in the box, which fixes the speedometer, but doesn’t effect the shift points. Anyways, if you’re running anything larger then the stock tire size, I highly recommend the rough country calibrator!

Dire Wolf

Reaction score
About to use mine today!
Question, did you pull the fuses as recommended, or just plug and play?

deanfx

Reaction score
It does work well. I just left the data cable plugged up and tied it up under the dash. Might need it again later.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought the calibrator from someone on here in the For Sale section and it wont let me use it. Is it true that its married to the VIN of the truck you change it on first until reverted back to stock? Thats how the programmer makes it seem when I plugged it in.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought the calibrator from someone on here in the For Sale section and it wont let me use it. Is it true that its married to the VIN of the truck you change it on first until reverted back to stock? Thats how the programmer makes it seem when I plugged it in.
Yes, it is married to the VIN of the truck you use it on. The original owner would have to revert to stock settings and unmarry it. I believe it can also be sent back to Rough Country and they can do it for a fee.

Aaron Mopar

Reaction score
Sucks for the dude who sold it to you too if he still has the truck. It's needed to detune the truck before taking it in for service. It's going to show them codes otherwise.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sucks for the dude who sold it to you too if he still has the truck. It's needed to detune the truck before taking it in for service. It's going to show them codes otherwise.
He took it back actually - he brought it in for service with it tuned and it didnt throw any codes.

XmikeX

Reaction score
Have a question for you guys with the tool, I might be purchasing a RC speedo tool since going with slightly bigger tires and have been researching the installation. RC's website says 5-10 mins easy install but their instructions show that you have to remove a bunch of trim pieces and plug into the back of the speedo. Do I in fact have to get access to the back of the instrument cluster or does it plug in easily to the port under the steering wheel? Do I also have to leave the module plugged in or just to calibrate then remove? RC website says its an inline module that doesn't have any front GUI but seems like others have posted other models of tuners.

description says "plug and play" which to me seems easy OBD port connection. I have used tuners before that simply plugged into ports under the dash without having to remove a bunch of pieces.

Users who are viewing this thread