5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country Speedometer Calibration Tool Help

spinxt

Reaction score
I purchased the RC speedometer calibration tool to recalibrate my tire size. The instructions say to plug into laptop to configure to your vehicle. When I plug it into a laptop nothing happens and I just get a screen on the tool that says “ignition off? Y or N”?
Any suggestions?

Aaron Mopar

Reaction score
I had the same issue, so I just skipped this step and it still worked out. Although I'm having an issue with my active parksense being disabled the with calibration on the truck. I'll be working that issue out with RC.

Bradfair1

Reaction score
Aaron Mopar I am having the same issue with my parksense. I have been working with RC they sent me another programmer but I still have a disabled parksense. Did you ever get resolution on yours? If so what was the fix?

UNKALJ

Reaction score
I purchased the RC speedometer calibration tool to recalibrate my tire size. The instructions say to plug into laptop to configure to your vehicle. When I plug it into a laptop nothing happens and I just get a screen on the tool that says “ignition off? Y or N”?
Any suggestions?

Did you download and install the software first? Have to install the software and once completed plug in the device to your computer, launch software and click update. Just went through this on mine the other day.

Link to download the software

therabbit

Reaction score
I was able to calibrate my speedometer but now my parksense is unavailable, anyone have the fix for this? I read that park sense takes 30 miles of driving after initial startup to calibrate, will it just reset once it drives 30 more miles?

Last edited:

bryan28

Reaction score
I was able to calibrate my speedometer but now my parksense is unavailable, anyone have the fix for this? I read that park sense takes 30 miles of driving after initial startup to calibrate, will it just reset once it drives 30 more miles?
Try it and see.

therabbit

Reaction score
Yup well drove a ton and still no luck, have a call in with rough country

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online