5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country Speed Calibration and Active Park Assist

zchamber

Reaction score
I had put larger tires and calibrated with rough country (https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/my-experience-with-275-65-20-with-3-92-gears.18875/)
I noticed that I could not use the Active Park Assist (parallel and backup parking). I thought it was something to do with a lot of reports of problems with this system. Took to my dealer and they flashed the system and everything started working good except my speed calibration was off. I redid the rough country and speed was calibrated back again, confirmed via gps radar detector and gps phone app. But as soon as I do that, the park assist shows up with temporarily not available message! Just wanted to let folks know if they have the same issue. I much rather have correct speedometer since with the surround camera, parking any way is absolutely EASY (coming from HD Mega, seems like parking a mini). For reference I have 2020 Limited eco diesel off road.

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hmmm
Not having that issue I have a 2019 calibrated with rough country and my park assist works fine even though I turn it off due to it slamming the emergency brake on when nothing is close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zchamber

Reaction score
Quick Update: Rough Country said for Active Park Assist, data is read directly from speed sensor and this is one function that will be compromised. So either have correct speedometer or no Active park assist. Just a reminder, I have 2020 Limited Eco diesel Off Road with all the trimmings

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Quick Update: Rough Country said for Active Park Assist, data is read directly from speed sensor and this is one function that will be compromised. So either have correct speedometer or no Active park assist. Just a reminder, I have 2020 Limited Eco diesel Off Road with all the trimmings

Well it didn’t defect mine 2019 5.7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread