5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country Revised Rear Wheel Liners?

notaramowner

Reaction score
Has anyone used the Rough Country rear wheel liners lately? I just ordered a set and expected them to come with just the couple of push pins for installation like I had seen in some videos. Mine came with a bag of hardware with the threaded style clips, push pins, some other kind of pin. I matched the hardware number and liner numbers with the website and they seem correct. My liners also have holes drilled all the way around the outside edge and the install videos I can find don’t. I called rough country and so far the two people I have talked to can’t find any updated instructions and mine didn’t come with any.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone used the Rough Country rear wheel liners lately? I just ordered a set and expected them to come with just the couple of push pins for installation like I had seen in some videos. Mine came with a bag of hardware with the threaded style clips, push pins, some other kind of pin. I matched the hardware number and liner numbers with the website and they seem correct. My liners also have holes drilled all the way around the outside edge and the install videos I can find don’t. I called rough country and so far the two people I have talked to can’t find any updated instructions and mine didn’t come with any.
Sounds like you received the real deal, my factory liners are held in with a ton of hardware, pins, screws etc.

notaramowner

Reaction score
Sounds like you received the real deal, my factory liners are held in with a ton of hardware, pins, screws etc.
These are definitely a rough country part and rough country even updated the photos on the EBay listing for the liners to show the more extensive hardware kit. It’s just for some reason nobody has access to the new installation instructions that will use the new hardware. One of the rough country customer service guys said he is going to ask the R&D guys on Monday and call me back. So I will see what they say when/if they call back.

notaramowner

Reaction score
I finally heard back from Rough Country today. They have given me the updated instructions and they told me that they were going to be updating their website instructions as well. The new version requires you to remove the old half liners and install all new.

Users who are viewing this thread