5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country RAM 6" LED Grill Kit

Browny10783

Reaction score
The limiteds grill is solid plastic. Unlike the other trims that are mesh. So you could mount the light but it won’t be seen. Someone told me I would have to buy the grill off the big horn trim with sensors

Jneally

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what kind of place usually installs this? I called my dealer service and the won't. They said with all the electronic you could really mess something up. So I'm not sure who to take it to? Thanks!

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^. Oh please if left up to the dealership, you couldn’t get your vehicle detailed as they would swear being clean could cause a CEL lol. You can either do this yourself, or if you’re not feeling that any car audio / aftermarket accessories place.

Jneally

Reaction score
Where did you put the switch? How long was the install? Looks Killer!

Gilu812

Reaction score
The install took a solid four hours with my son's help and of course the trip to the hardware store to replace the button head bolt that we somehow lost;). I forgot to take a pic of the switch, it is the only thing that I don't like about the kit and I will be changing it at a later date. Fortunately it mounts with double sided tape. I will get a pic up tomorrow.

RedRocketZ28

Reaction score
Looks good. If my truck wasn't leased, and I had more of a use for these, then I would definitely be buying them.

Jneally

Reaction score
Anyway to install switch where the airside suspension switch is for those of us who don’t have it?

JLUR_

Reaction score
Anyway to install switch where the airside suspension switch is for those of us who don’t have it?

Not yet. It's a single module that outputs a signal on an 8-pin connection. I don't think that anyone has tried to intercept this signal yet to see what the module is telling the computer.

I'm waiting for my truck to be delivered to approach this. I think the best way would be to replace the non-air-ride module with the air-ride module and allow the air-ride signal to be passed to the computer. I'll intercept the computer output and, instead of signalling the compressor to run, I'll route this signal to a relay that controls the lights. I'm going to have to get clever because the computer is only going to output this signal for a brief period of time as well as look for a ride height sensor input. I'll write up the process if I get it to work.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread