5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country RAM 6" LED Grill Kit

VanLith10

Reaction score
I wonder why they don’t fit the limited models??

VanLith10

Reaction score
Talked to RC today and they said “because of the active shutter” on the limited it’s a little more complex but they will be making a kit at some point

GATORB8

Reaction score
Est. Install Time: 5-6 hours

Ouch, but great price at $160
I’m glad RC is pushing to add some solid custom items for our trucks at great prices and quick to market.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You factor in by the time you pull the grill, run the harness, lines and install the relay there’s time right there. I like the fact that it won’t be “ in “ my face every time I oook at the front of my truck. RC definitely has stepped it up as far as their offerings where it seems others are still 2-4 months out doing things for us..

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
For now since it’s sooo freaking cold, I’m going to stick with what they’ve sent. Come April I’ll pull the dash and run a wireless connection and have the switch mounted in my console.

Jneally

Reaction score
Sorry I'm ignorant on this but how do you control these? Where is the switch it comes with or do they come on auto with the lights? Thanks! Also, could the dealer service install these or should I look elsewhere. I can not. Lol

VictoriaFarm

Reaction score
Talked to RC today and they said “because of the active shutter” on the limited it’s a little more complex but they will be making a kit at some point

Any clue what the "active shutter" is for? Does a shutter imply that there is some air ducted somewhere? Why would the limited be different from the others in this regard?

M

Mdegen93

Any clue what the "active shutter" is for? Does a shutter imply that there is some air ducted somewhere? Why would the limited be different from the others in this regard?
The active shutters close when cooling isn’t needed to allow for better aero

Users who are viewing this thread