5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country or Readylift 3.5" lift

19BlkRam

Reaction score
What are you guys paying for installation for the the SST kit ?

Got quoted $732 taxes and with alignment, I trust the shop but damn does that sound expensive!

Can’t wait to post pictures of the truck lifted on stock wheels lol

Kevin C

Reaction score
What are you guys paying for installation for the the SST kit ?

Got quoted $732 taxes and with alignment, I trust the shop but damn does that sound expensive!

Can’t wait to post pictures of the truck lifted on stock wheels lol

I don't remember the break down, but I paid around $1900 total for the kit, install, alignment, and install of my Mopar power steps. The kit was $900+ tax (which is 9.25% in my area - ouch). I think he charged me $350 for the step install (dealer was going to charge $400, but couldn't do it for another couple weeks). So I'm guessing the kit install was around $550?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One shop quoted me $400 for the Rough Country leveling kit installed. I said the hell with it, bought the Readylift with control arms and installed it myself. Will be upgrading it to the 3.5" kit soon and will do that myself as well. Just have to take it to the dealer for a proper alignment afterwards.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One shop quoted me $400 for the Rough Country leveling kit installed. I said the hell with it, bought the Readylift with control arms and installed it myself. Will be upgrading it to the 3.5" kit soon and will do that myself as well. Just have to take it to the dealer for a proper alignment afterwards.
For someone who has never installed any suspension components on a vehicle (myself) would you say I could do the readylift bolt on myself?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For someone who has never installed any suspension components on a vehicle (myself) would you say I could do the readylift bolt on myself?
It all depends on what you are comfortable doing. It really isn't hard to do and the instructions are laid out pretty well. If you are doing the 3.5" kit you have to take apart the strut assembly with the help of a spring compressor. They can be dangerous if you are not careful.

Look up some videos, the install is pretty much the exact same as on a 4th gen, and decide if it is something you are comfortable doing or not.

I still haven't upgraded to the 3.5" kit. I bought it and then cancelled it really want something a little taller but not quite the 6" lifts that are out now. Waiting for a proper 5"-6" lift to come out.

Kevin C

Reaction score
Are those 35/12.5/20's on the truck..I thought the closest the maverick came to +18 was in a +12 offset
No, they are only 295/60r20's. They measure approx 34"x11.5". And I chose the +0 offset.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s hard to say but I would think it would be fine.
So how do you like the ride on the 35's...I forgot to ask you the other day. I keep going back and forth whether to just do a 2.5in level with 295/60/ 20's or do the Readilift and roll with 35/12.5.20's...I keep hearing that the 35's are not fun to drive on the highway...what offset did yo choose again?

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So how do you like the ride on the 35's...I forgot to ask you the other day. I keep going back and forth whether to just do a 2.5in level with 295/60/ 20's or do the Readilift and roll with 35/12.5.20's...I keep hearing that the 35's are not fun to drive on the highway...what offset did yo choose again?
I went with the 35x11.50’s to be a little conservative. The ride is a little stiffer but still rides great. The 35’s drive fine on the highway. No wondering and easy to drive. My offset is a +20. I don’t like the look of the tires sticking out real far. With that said, a zero offset would of been perfect in my opinion. I also drive in lots of dirty conditions in manufacturing plants and wanted to keep from blasting the sides of the truck

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went with the 35x11.50’s to be a little conservative. The ride is a little stiffer but still rides great. The 35’s drive fine on the highway. No wondering and easy to drive. My offset is a +20. I don’t like the look of the tires sticking out real far. With that said, a zero offset would of been perfect in my opinion. I also drive in lots of dirty conditions in manufacturing plants and wanted to keep from blasting the sides of the truck
Gotcha...Im getting the Bighorn so I wont have the fender flares like you do. I also agree that it doesn't look good when the tires stick out too far...with that being said Im hoping that I get a little bit of an aggressive stance if I choose the 12.5 wide with the +14 offset...If I run the 11.5's like you Ill choose the 0 offset...The fender flares on your truck cant be much more than a 1/4 in.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gotcha...Im getting the Bighorn so I wont have the fender flares like you do. I also agree that it doesn't look good when the tires stick out too far...with that being said Im hoping that I get a little bit of an aggressive stance if I choose the 12.5 wide with the +14 offset...If I run the 11.5's like you Ill choose the 0 offset...The fender flares on your truck cant be much more than a 1/4 in.
Sounds like a plan. Good luck with the decision. Post some pics when you can.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How tucked under the wheel well are you with those 11.5's? I'm going to do the 12.5's but don't want to have a slightly aggressive stance...deciding between the +14 or +20 offset.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They are completely tucked inside the wheel flares. I would prefer them flush or a touch proud of the flare but I go through some very nasty areas and wanted to protect from blasting the sides of the truck.

Attachments

• E5B3ADB1-D90F-4F0E-9228-B6993896AF95.jpeg
    E5B3ADB1-D90F-4F0E-9228-B6993896AF95.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 465
  • B59C14A6-2811-4FC9-9F3D-F498AAB48D3A.jpeg
    B59C14A6-2811-4FC9-9F3D-F498AAB48D3A.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 473

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They are completely tucked inside the wheel flares. I would prefer them flush or a touch proud of the flare but I go through some very nasty areas and wanted to protect from blasting the sides of the truck.
They still look great either way...thanks for the pics.

Users who are viewing this thread