5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country Low Profile Tri-Fold Hard Tonneau cover Review after 2 months

JeremyFOwens

Reaction score

I bought this one because it was cheaper than a BAKFlip so I expected quality to be a little bit lower. Although I did have a lot of problems with my old BAKFlip where the rivets popped out.
I was highly surprised in the quality it was. The panels are thick and durable. There were a couple dents in it from shipping but not a big deal. It was easy to put on. Rails took me about 20 mins then putting on the cover took about another 15 mins but then took me an hour to line it up correctly so there were not any gaps. I still think it could use some adjusting but it has been fine. The clamps are holding well. Only a little bit of water gets in the corners. When I take it through a car wash some gets up under where the tailgate shuts. Be aware this model the final panel is fixed and it does not raise. One of my favorite features is how the cover works when closing the tailgate. You don't have to open it to close the tailgate. One of the negatives I have been noticing is the glue that was using when building the panels is slowly melting out and onto the rubber on the rails. It has seems to stop accumulating but it is still there. I do recommend upgrading the quality of seal you use on the front of the bed near the window. The one that was sent with the cover isn't as dense as other seals I have used.

For it being a cheaper brand I am quite satisfied with it though.

I will update this at 6 months if there are any changes.

Attachments

• 20200529_195631.jpg
    20200529_195631.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 92
  • 20200529_195639.jpg
    20200529_195639.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 87

Users who are viewing this thread