5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country Leveling Strut Kit

Chuck19

Reaction score
So i am waiting on my 2021 Ram to be delivered and want to level the front. Based on what i have seen at dealers teh low front end if lifted will give it a nice aggressive stance. DOes anyone have experience with this kit? I know that you can just add coil spring spacers but have done that in the past and feel it sacrifices ride quality too much.

Kyles

Reaction score
So i am waiting on my 2021 Ram to be delivered and want to level the front. Based on what i have seen at dealers teh low front end if lifted will give it a nice aggressive stance. DOes anyone have experience with this kit? I know that you can just add coil spring spacers but have done that in the past and feel it sacrifices ride quality too much.

I did this same kit on a bighorn, the instructions are very clear and easy to follow, hardest time you will have is sliding them in. I recommend getting a prybar under the lower control arm to help you get them in place. Rides just about like factory. If you want a better ride many like the bilsteins, fox or icon sets

Chuck19

Reaction score
Thanks for the response! I have been down the road of Bilstein, Icon, Fox, Carli, BDS and a few more and all of them ride practically the same. I had a JKU with a 3" Carli setup that I thought was nice a few years back. Then I rode in a freinds JKU with a rough country setup and realized there really isn't any difference between the 2 except that i paid alot more than his. So I told myself the next ride I get that I decide to lift I'm going RC, so we will see how this goes.

A couple questions, do you have any pics of your setup? How much rake do you have now or did it level it out perfectly?

Kyles

Reaction score
Thanks for the response! I have been down the road of Bilstein, Icon, Fox, Carli, BDS and a few more and all of them ride practically the same. I had a JKU with a 3" Carli setup that I thought was nice a few years back. Then I rode in a freinds JKU with a rough country setup and realized there really isn't any difference between the 2 except that i paid alot more than his. So I told myself the next ride I get that I decide to lift I'm going RC, so we will see how this goes.

A couple questions, do you have any pics of your setup? How much rake do you have now or did it level it out perfectly?
In the beginning the rake was very noticeable but now i think it leveled out pretty well

Attachments

• 0D823C46-97FC-438E-A27E-423B0F466C6A.jpeg
    0D823C46-97FC-438E-A27E-423B0F466C6A.jpeg
    140 KB · Views: 171

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve done spacers and bilsteins before. I looked at doing these but from what I read they raise the truck more than 2”s. So you may need to do a 1” spacer in the rear too. I didn’t level my current truck because I have the 1” factory lift already and I tow fairly often.

Users who are viewing this thread