5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough country level kit on a V6

Bjmillion

Reaction score
Hey guys I was told that the 2” rough country strut level kit does not work on the V6 model ? I have a 21 bighorn V6 has anyone tried making them work? I’ve heard great reviews and they are cheap my next option is the fox 2.0 Coilover a but they cost me close to a grand compared to $350 thank you.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
The rough country website says:
NOTES - IMPORTANT
Does NOT fit V6 models.

Just looking at the picture, I see the problem. The struts come with springs. The spring rate is going to be much different because the V6 and the V8 are different weights. The strut will bolt in, I'm sure, but likely you'll end up with a negative rake and a teeth-jarring ride.

Lamont22

Reaction score
The rough country website says:
NOTES - IMPORTANT
Does NOT fit V6 models.

Just looking at the picture, I see the problem. The struts come with springs. The spring rate is going to be much different because the V6 and the V8 are different weights. The strut will bolt in, I'm sure, but likely you'll end up with a negative rake and a teeth-jarring ride.
Not saying you’re wrong here, but the front curb weight difference between V6 and V8 4x4’s is 190lbs. That’s not a huge difference. Are the spring rates really that different? I never confirmed this myself, but I read on one of the forums that the spring part numbers are the same between V6 and hemi.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Not saying you’re wrong here, but the front curb weight difference between V6 and V8 4x4’s is 190lbs. That’s not a huge difference. Are the spring rates really that different? I never confirmed this myself, but I read on one of the forums that the spring part numbers are the same between V6 and hemi.
All I have to go by is once upon a time putting V8 coils under a V6 Buick Century. It sat 2" higher in the front. Lesson learned.

But since the people that make the parts and could only benefit if they could sell them to V6 owners say they don't fit, I'd still say they aren't right.

Reaction score
I installed the Readylift level kit on the front of the V6 Big Horn. Sits nice and level. It uses a spacer above the strut and new UCAs.

Bjmillion

Reaction score
I installed the Readylift level kit on the front of the V6 Big Horn. Sits nice and level. It uses a spacer above the strut and new UCAs.
Can you tell
Me the website you bought that on ? How is the ride ? Same as stock ? Thank you.

Reaction score
I bought the kit through the local custom shop I deal with. The ride didn't change at all. Exact same as stock in my opinion.

RX9790

Reaction score
I know this is an old post but nothings changed lol. Updating the post for new buyers. I put the 2" RC set and UCA's on my V6 BH CC 6.4 and it lifted it 2.5 inches. I assume once I put a winch up there it will probably drop 1/4". ORP springs and 1.5" spacer in the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread