5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country hidden bunmper 20" LED light bar

laramie2019

Reaction score
I just purchased this LED light bar which is installed behind the front grid.
I will have to remove the front grill assembly in order to install it.
Has anyone attempted this yet?
20181216_203628.jpg

drsubie

Reaction score

geotex1

Reaction score
Looks like FCA made a design change.

On my Laramie, specs below and built the ens of October 2018, the insert is in fact a single piece. No front mesh with solid rear panel as others have and RC assumed. I'm going to mock up the kit on mine to see if there's enough adjustability to bring the light out flush to the face of the insert, if so i will cut an opening. If not, I'll have the Christmas gift returned and look to fabricate something of better design.

I have notified RC with pictures.

My local dealer is open today, and I chatted with the parts guy for 20min. He went through all truck levels with the sensors, and found none in the parts database as two-piece.

Last edited:

geotex1

Reaction score

Dbellme

Reaction score
Looks like FCA made a design change.

On my Laramie, specs below and built the ens of October 2018, the insert is in fact a single piece. No front mesh with solid rear panel as others have and RC assumed. I'm going to mock up the kit on mine to see if there's enough adjustability to bring the light out flush to the face of the insert, if so i will cut an opening. If not, I'll have the Christmas gift returned and look to fabricate something of better design.

I have notified RC with pictures.

My local dealer is open today, and I chatted with the parts guy for 20min. He went through all truck levels with the sensors, and found none in the parts database as two-piece.
I bought the same light, went to install it and discovered my front mesh grille is one solid piece. Called rough country and they didn’t have a clue about it. Be interested to see what other Gen5 owners do? Oh well maybe install it on my Polaris!

VanLith10

Reaction score
Had mine put on about a week ago. Looks great and had the switch mounted under the steering wheel. Also purchased the 6” lights for the grille as pictured on Rough Country but apparently the brackets haven’t been made yet to fit the truck from Rough Country. RC said they should be coming soon??

Attachments

• C06BC9AE-8A66-4C2B-9277-13432A976AD9.jpeg
    C06BC9AE-8A66-4C2B-9277-13432A976AD9.jpeg
    45.2 KB · Views: 169

Douglas31

Reaction score
Had mine put on about a week ago. Looks great and had the switch mounted under the steering wheel. Also purchased the 6” lights for the grille as pictured on Rough Country but apparently the brackets haven’t been made yet to fit the truck from Rough Country. RC said they should be coming soon??
So if you watch the video on their site for these, there are also some lights in the main grill. Does anyone know anything about these?

VanLith10

Reaction score
So if you watch the video on their site for these, there are also some lights in the main grill. Does anyone know anything about these?

Yes, I bought those lights as well; however, I was told that they couldn’t be mounted very cheap at all because RC does not have the brackets that fit the truck yet. The place that mounted my light bar told me it would be in my best wallet interest to wait until they come out before installing them.

Douglas31

Reaction score
Yes, I bought those lights as well; however, I was told that they couldn’t be mounted very cheap at all because RC does not have the brackets that fit the truck yet. The place that mounted my light bar told me it would be in my best wallet interest to wait until they come out before installing them.
Thanks! I will be watching for those.

VanLith10

Reaction score

Attachments

• 221C19CE-68EC-47B9-BB1F-E247D7F96AAC.png
    221C19CE-68EC-47B9-BB1F-E247D7F96AAC.png
    1 MB · Views: 127

Odis814

Reaction score
I just purchased this LED light bar which is installed behind the front grid.
I will have to remove the front grill assembly in order to install it.
Has anyone attempted this yet?
View attachment 10870

Have you notice any whistling or wind noise with the light bar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dorskh

Reaction score

CedricArnaud

Reaction score
Does anybody have a picture of the led bar during night, is it really worth it?

Users who are viewing this thread