5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country Hard Tri-Fold Bed Cover

drstein

Reaction score
Does anyone have / had this tri fold aluminum cover for the bed ?? I've looked and looked, not much feedback online but most is good. Anyone own one ?? Comments,, good or bad, appreciated.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
I have a Rough Country trifold but it's not aluminum. It's black plastic with some metal hardware. It's awkward to handle alone, but still light enough that it was shipped UPS. I did need to buy some foam tape to seal up the front edge. That set me back two bucks at Home Depot.

Installation took about ten minutes. It could have been done faster with a second person helping. It quite literally took longer to cut up the cardboard and styrofoam stuff it was shipped in to fit it all in the wheeled bins than it did to install the thing.

No adverse noises at all in about a thousand miles of driving. Hasn't warped despite triple-digit temperatures. It does get too hot to touch sometimes. I'm thinking I might paint it white.

What else do you want to know?

Users who are viewing this thread