5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country EBoards

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone running these yet? There is no need to connect to the ODB2 port and there is a manual override in the CAB...

Correct, although not sure about the manual override. There is a module behind the kick panel that the control box plugs into. I think it’s the plug for the OEM e-boards. Don’t recall an override button or something like it on the control box, but never needed to manually override them, as they have worked since day one.
Really have had no issues with them. Just the initial install and lining them up evenly on both sides. Because of the swing out feature, the arms are mounted to the board through aluminum threaded blocks in a groove under the boards. These blocks slide back and forth in the groove until you completely tighten them down. My passenger side was a breeze. Driver side fought back for an hour or so.
A bit cheaper option than the AMP boards. Not as tucked under but I do like how they swing out, how they look under there when tucked away and I honestly have no major complaints to report. I really like them.
Hope this helps. Good luck👍

Attachments

• AFD1676C-DB9A-40FE-A187-E4FF16790DB8.jpeg
    AFD1676C-DB9A-40FE-A187-E4FF16790DB8.jpeg
    90.7 KB · Views: 58
  • EDF589C3-BEF8-4F4E-9F16-34ED83D31179.jpeg
    EDF589C3-BEF8-4F4E-9F16-34ED83D31179.jpeg
    169 KB · Views: 52
  • 2D53DC63-56E1-4D5A-AB06-2EE8A9C43773.jpeg
    2D53DC63-56E1-4D5A-AB06-2EE8A9C43773.jpeg
    157 KB · Views: 49

raygun9

Reaction score
Correct, although not sure about the manual override. There is a module behind the kick panel that the control box plugs into. I think it’s the plug for the OEM e-boards. Don’t recall an override button or something like it on the control box, but never needed to manually override them, as they have worked since day one.
Really have had no issues with them. Just the initial install and lining them up evenly on both sides. Because of the swing out feature, the arms are mounted to the board through aluminum threaded blocks in a groove under the boards. These blocks slide back and forth in the groove until you completely tighten them down. My passenger side was a breeze. Driver side fought back for an hour or so.
A bit cheaper option than the AMP boards. Not as tucked under but I do like how they swing out, how they look under there when tucked away and I honestly have no major complaints to report. I really like them.
Hope this helps. Good luck👍
Thank you!! They look a little thicker than the AMP ones also. Do they only deploy if you open the front or is there a magnet sensor for the back doors as well?

Users who are viewing this thread