5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country Bull Bar with Led Light

Softaildeuce

Reaction score
Hi all,

I put a Rough Country Bull Bar with the light on. It was not a bad install. It took a few hours.

I did not take off the flap at the bottom of the bumper. I started to do it and it was a lot of work. I held up the pieces of steel that connect the bull bar and was able to cut through with a razor knife. I tried using a roto zip. The knife was much easier. The most difficult part was the frame bolts. I have an air compressor with an air gun. That made quick work of them.

Running the cable for the light switch was easy since Dodge was nice enough to provide an extra grommet in the firewall. I used a glow rod to poke through it. A hanger or anything similar will work. I am not loving the switch. It does not stick on well. I tried to keep it low and hidden but easily accessible. I have to figure a different spot, better way or different switch to put on it.

Attachments

• Bull Bar.jpg
    Bull Bar.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 203
  • Switch copy.jpg
    Switch copy.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 199

Bassinb

Reaction score
Any chance you could show a picture of the whole truck? maybe like 10 steps back? I am thinking about getting one of these too.

STR

Reaction score
Nice job! Does the switch have double sided/3M tape?

Smerberj

Reaction score
I thought about doing this to my truck but I don't want to trim the retractable windscreen thing.

Bobbybob

Reaction score
Thinking about this too. Already remove the static and retractable air dam for better approach. Want to add lights to the front and would be nice to have a bull bar. With the other poster...can you take a shot a little further away? I also live in a state where my front plate has to be visible (boooooooooooooooooooooooooo). Wondering if that can happen with this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/