5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough country 6inch lifted struts?

Whtewolf1

Reaction score
Great, drives smooth will take photos later today been raining lots. Did the rough country 6inch lift, optioned in the 6inch coil overs instead of spacers on factory struts. Went with hostile wheels 20x10-19. With 35x12.5 / 20 cooper discoverer tires.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting, I’ve been waiting to see something like This :unsure:

Curious to see the angles and how much lift they actually provide. Or how they are providing the lift I guess, I wonder if I could get a 1-1.5” top spacer on this since you can’t really preload the spring.

Last edited:

jabara572

Reaction score
Interesting, I’ve been waiting to see something like This :unsure:

Curious to see the angles and how much lift they actually provide. Or how they are providing the lift I guess, I wonder if I could get a 1-1.5” top spacer on this since you can’t really preload the spring.

If its anything even close to 6" without changing anything else the CV's are going to be so bad as to be unusable and I bet none of those suspension components will last 5k miles.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If its anything even close to 6" without changing anything else the CV's are going to be so bad as to be unusable and I bet none of those suspension components will last 5k miles.

What? It works with 6” lift kits not stock trucks.

The real question is how far is the stut actually extended vs a stock one and how much “preload” is built into this thing to get the lift. I’d like to stick a tape measure on one of these.

Whtewolf1

Reaction score
There is no angle, the upper control arms are in the same place as stock. The new coilovers paired with the rest of the suspension just like it belonged there. Will snap a photo this after noon. Been raining too much to really get good photos.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Has anyone tried these out yet? I’m wondering if these will keep the ride close to factory.

On Rough Countries website at the bottom under questions and answers................
Does this fit the longhorn/limited grille? It does not specify?
Does not fit Rebel, LongHorn, or Limited models.

jabara572

Reaction score
What? It works with 6” lift kits not stock trucks.

The real question is how far is the stut actually extended vs a stock one and how much “preload” is built into this thing to get the lift. I’d like to stick a tape measure on one of these.

Ok just checking you never know these days :p

Derek_Rebel

Reaction score
There is no angle, the upper control arms are in the same place as stock. The new coilovers paired with the rest of the suspension just like it belonged there. Will snap a photo this after noon. Been raining too much to really get good photos.
Picture????

Did you get a 6 inch lift too?

Whtewolf1

Reaction score
What size rims and tires? Backspacing? Any running?!? Looks great and love that color!!
did hostile 20x10 offset-18, little less than 5 on backspacing. no rubbing isues, but have notice noise at 70 plus which would be 75 plus.

Users who are viewing this thread