5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough country 3.5 lift!!!!Help!

Jenry0405

Reaction score
Ok so I’ve been doing some research and yeah i saw the video of the comparison of the rough country vs ready lift 3.5”. I’m still wondering if the rough country is really that bad. Anyone with pictures or any info they can share about the ride quality on the rough country. Thank you!

myles

Reaction score
Ok so I’ve been doing some research and yeah i saw the video of the comparison of the rough country vs ready lift 3.5”. I’m still wondering if the rough country is really that bad. Anyone with pictures or any info they can share about the ride quality on the rough country. Thank you!
Have had a rough country lifts and levels on my last 2 trucks with no issues, the 1st one i did a 4" drop bracket lift and it was a very tough setup, I went offroading almost every weekend and even bottomed out the truck a few times at full throttle going through mud pits. The 2nd one was a 3.5" lift and didn't do much off roading with that truck, but that kit never gave me any issues either.
Ride was stiffer than stock but that was expected when swithcing to ofroad shocks and 10ply tires

Only reason i'm going to go with a mopar lift on this truck is because i have a lifetime powertrain warranty that i don't want to chance messing up with an aftermarket lift.

So yes, would recommend (y)

Last edited:

Jenry0405

Reaction score
Have had a rough country lifts and levels on my last 2 trucks with no issues, the 1st one i did a 4" drop bracket lift and it was a very tough setup, I went offroading almost every weekend and even bottomed out the truck a few times at full throttle going through mud pits. The 2nd one was a 3.5" lift and didn't do much off roading with that truck, but that kit never gave me any issues either.
Ride was stiffer than stock but that was expected when swithcing to

Only reason i'm going to go with a mopar lift on this truck is because i have a lifetime powertrain warranty that i don't want to chance messing up with an aftermarket lift.

So yes, would recommend (y)

Wow that’s great info! Thanks man, i would go with mopar but i feel it might not fulfill what i want.

SkyDweller

Reaction score
Having the Rough Country 3.5 Lift installed this week on my 2020 Rebel. Anyone else have any experience with the lift.
I’m told I will be able to run 295/60R20 with no issues.
I’m not installing the rear shocks that come with kit. Leaving the Stock Bilsteins instead.
Spoke to dealership about my lifetime Powertrain warranty and they said no problem getting the lift in reference to the warranty.

Jenry0405

Reaction score
Having the Rough Country 3.5 Lift installed this week on my 2020 Rebel. Anyone else have any experience with the lift.
I’m told I will be able to run 295/60R20 with no issues.
I’m not installing the rear shocks that come with kit. Leaving the Stock Bilsteins instead.
Spoke to dealership about my lifetime Powertrain warranty and they said no problem getting the lift in reference to the warranty.

oh ok so it won’t mess with the warranty, that’s good to know. I wonder if i go with the 6 inch if it messes with the warranty

SkyDweller

Reaction score
Here are pictures after the Rough Country 3.5” Lift.

Attachments

• 51B832BC-3451-4939-B44C-B4C473A7A2C7.jpeg
    51B832BC-3451-4939-B44C-B4C473A7A2C7.jpeg
    198.3 KB · Views: 666
  • DF9F699D-BE46-4851-A0D2-947F1DC9F270.jpeg
    DF9F699D-BE46-4851-A0D2-947F1DC9F270.jpeg
    206.3 KB · Views: 652
  • BF53F6D2-F460-4536-B7ED-A2AA748C6F36.jpeg
    BF53F6D2-F460-4536-B7ED-A2AA748C6F36.jpeg
    133.5 KB · Views: 646

SkyDweller

Reaction score
oh ok so it won’t mess with the warranty, that’s good to know. I wonder if i go with the 6 inch if it messes with the warranty
Went ahead and changed out rear shocks to the RC that came with the RC Lift. Had a hard ride over bumps. Turned out to be the tire pressure. Will be putting the Bilsteins back on eventually.

BGC

Reaction score
Hi all. I am new to the forum and the Ram family but appreciate seeing everyone’s trucks and modifications and all of the helpful posts and comments. I got my first Ram this week...I got a 2020 1500 built to serve edition bighorn 4x4. I put a RC 3.5 inch lift on it with the N3 rear shocks that come with the bolt on kit. I have 22 inch wheels with -18 offset and Toyo R/T 35x12.5x22 tires. Some plastic trimming was definitely needed but I haven’t had any concerns yet. I live the height and look but yeah, it’s a bIt stiff, but nothing making me unhappy. I haven’t taken it off-road, just usual city and county travel and highways.

Jenry0405

Reaction score
Hi all. I am new to the forum and the Ram family but appreciate seeing everyone’s trucks and modifications and all of the helpful posts and comments. I got my first Ram this week...I got a 2020 1500 built to serve edition bighorn 4x4. I put a RC 3.5 inch lift on it with the N3 rear shocks that come with the bolt on kit. I have 22 inch wheels with -18 offset and Toyo R/T 35x12.5x22 tires. Some plastic trimming was definitely needed but I haven’t had any concerns yet. I live the height and look but yeah, it’s a bIt stiff, but nothing making me unhappy. I haven’t taken it off-road, just usual city and county travel and highways.
Thanks for the info

BattleRam

Reaction score
Planning on installing the RC 3.5 in the next week or so, pretty sure I have everything I need to do it myself. For those of you that have done it already, do you have any tips on installing it yourself? I have the strut compressors but this will be the first time using them. Any other difficult install steps I should watch out for?

lkjk

Reaction score
Anyone have pics of the UCA angles? I have the passenger side done, so one side is on stands but the UCA looks pretty steep. I have their 3.5" struts, but result should be the same with spacers.

CooperWood398

Reaction score
I am about to get a 2019 Rebel and am wondering if the 3.5” Rough Country Spacer lift will be fine? I’ve had RC on trucks in the past with no issues but everyone seems to hate the company. Also, I’ve seen many people say not to put on the preload spacers when 3.5” lifting a Rebel. I’m worried this will make the truck not level if i do this. Any advice?

Edit: Would getting the RC 3.5” kit with the lifted struts fix the pre-load spacer problem?

Last edited:

lkjk

Reaction score
the kit with lifted struts means you don't have to mess with pre-load spacers. I'd do that over a spacer or the bilsteins where you are just cranking the pre-load (same effect as a spacer)

Also to answer my own comment above, UCA angles are normal once it's on the ground. Just installed the 3.5 struts, UCAs, V2 shocks, and clayton 3.5" rear coils. Haven't swapped tires yet, so I can confirm that the lift rides as good as stock, and handling is better since it's not so soft.

Last edited:

Defresh3

Reaction score
the kit with lifted struts means you don't have to mess with pre-load spacers. I'd do that over a spacer or the bilsteins where you are just cranking the pre-load (same effect as a spacer)

Also to answer my own comment above, UCA angles are normal once it's on the ground. Just installed the 3.5 struts, UCAs, V2 shocks, and clayton 3.5" rear coils. Haven't swapped tires yet, so I can confirm that the lift rides as good as stock, and handling is better since it's not so soft.
Got any pics with the new tires on it? I'm thinking about canceling my BDS 4 in and going to your same set up. I'm done waiting for months.

Cats56789

Reaction score
Have a 3.5 ready lift on a 2019 ram tradesman can I add billstien 5100 to that

Users who are viewing this thread