5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country 2" front leveling strut

Jbjorne

Reaction score
Just installed the 2" leveling struts from Rough Country. Anyone running this? I've read some about break in and it will eventually sag some, but my from end is about an inch and a half taller than the rear now.

Anyone have experience? Also, has anyone added a rear spacer to make up the difference?

Attachments

• 20211112_133914.jpg
    20211112_133914.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 131

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just to clarify, you got the 2” loaded strut in the link below? Are you sure they didn’t accidentally give you the 3.5’s? That would equal the amount your front end is higher than the rear. You could stick your head in the front fender well, get the part number off the strut, then verify what matches what you have.
If you just want to be done with it, you could buy some 1.5 or 2” rear springs spacers and lifted rear shocks.

Last edited:

Jbjorne

Reaction score
Just to clarify, you got the 2” loaded strut in the link below? Are you sure they didn’t accidentally give you the 3.5’s? That would equal the amount your front end is higher than the rear. You could stick your head in the front fender well, get the part number off the strut, then verify what matches what you have.
If you just want to be done with it, you could buy some 1.5 or 2” rear springs spacers and lifted rear shocks.

I'll double check. Thank you

Jbjorne

Reaction score
How's the ride with them?
The ride is great, a little stiffer but that is because of the tires (tires went on the day before the level). Rides the same after the level. Glad I went with the struts over the spacers

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The ride is great, a little stiffer but that is because of the tires (tires went on the day before the level). Rides the same after the level. Glad I went with the struts over the spacers
Spacers are not bad at all. I actually am happy with the spacer lift as it firmed up the ride a little bit so now my front end doesn't seem under compressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/