5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country 2” Leveling strut

armymp1130

Reaction score
Hello all, so im wondering since i have the org with the factory 1” lift, if i were to install rough country’s 2” leveling strut would that be a safer way to get an extra inch in the front since they dont make a 1” strut spacer? im only asking cause i dont want to do a 2” ontop of factory 1”

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello all, so im wondering since i have the org with the factory 1” lift, if i were to install rough country’s 2” leveling strut would that be a safer way to get an extra inch in the front since they dont make a 1” strut spacer? im only asking cause i dont want to do a 2” ontop of factory 1”
Correct. The RC struts would only net you 1” of lift since you would be replacing the ORP strut/spring.

76poptop

Reaction score
I’ve seen lots of different opinions on this 1” factory lift. I have the same ORP and I don’t believe it is lifted. If you look up ready lift products they have a disclaimer at the bottom of each product “not recommended for ORP”. They want you to measure from the center hub to wheel lip, anything over 22” -22.5” you will need less of a lift. Mine measures 22”. So I’m taking it as I don’t actually have a 1” lift and I can use the product just the same as if I didn’t have ORP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
I’ve seen lots of different opinions on this 1” factory lift. I have the same ORP and I don’t believe it is lifted. If you look up ready lift products they have a disclaimer at the bottom of each product “not recommended for ORP”. They want you to measure from the center hub to wheel lip, anything over 22” -22.5” you will need less of a lift. Mine measures 22”. So I’m taking it as I don’t actually have a 1” lift and I can use the product just the same as if I didn’t have ORP.

76poptop same here. I dont believe I have 1" more lift than non ORP trucks. I want to go around the dealership with a tape measure. I'm thinking of doing the 2" spacer as I dont believe it will affect my truck anymore than a non ORP truck.

76poptop

Reaction score
76poptop same here. I dont believe I have 1" more lift than non ORP trucks. I want to go around the dealership with a tape measure. I'm thinking of doing the 2" spacer as I dont believe it will affect my truck anymore than a non ORP truck.

I had the same thought, walk around and take some measurements, avoiding eye contact with sales haha, on mine if I measure from the ground in the center of the wheel I end up with 37 3/8 front and 39 1/2 back so my plan is to do a 2 inch level and it should come out perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread