5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rosco

Triton63

Reaction score
well I upgraded and I freaking love it. Traded my 19 big horn in for a 2022 Ram 1500 Laramie night edition ecodiesel with 5700 miles. It has 3.21 gears, which I immediately missed from my 2014 Hemi when I stepped into a 2019 Hemi. I drive around 30,000 miles a year and typically 3500- 5000 towing my bass boat. I’ve wanted a diesel for years but don’t need a 3/4 ton, and have fallen into buying vehicles every couple years so this time I bought what I wanted. It makes me excited to drive again like when I got my first truck at 15. After watching and waiting as they work out a lot of kinks I felt comfortable enough to step into one... but seriously the crazy nice truck that comes with it is plain awesome. Anyhow here are some pics and I will update as I do some mods.

BB479F7F-DFA2-47B0-A7B2-E0A3BFB51B69.jpeg
here is the big horn I traded in, 14-16 mpg was killing me with a 170 round trip commute.. damn cool truck though. 3” lift, 34’s, amp steps that I kept, mbrp exhaust.
72B9BFAE-BABF-4591-9A35-3185218AC166.jpeg
and here is rosco at the dealership. Shortly after got 28 mpg on the 100 mile trip home. Plenty of power, towed a little over 5,000 lbs today and a different trip from menards loaded down with drywall.. it never skipped a beat.

lots to come as far as mods go but I’m in no hurry. Not thrilled about the 22’s and road tires as I do some off-roading and see a lot of boat launches. But those will be swapped out with time, for now these tires are practically brand new so I’ll run em for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread