5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roof (not Bed) racks for 1500 Crewcab

jz1vqp

Reaction score
I needed roof racks so I can transport my kayaks without impacting the bed storage or bed cover that is already on the truck. I shopped and Rhino Rack had a kit for clamp mounting (removable which is what I want). After rounds of frustration with one retailer who actually shipped me a set for a prius (?? !!), I reordered from other suppliers and got the full kit. My problem is when I go to install it the rear bar tilts forward a little. The custom pad kit for the 1500 Crew does not seem to make it sit level. The front set looks fine. Of course Rhino rack is not available until Monday so I was wondering if anyone else has these racks and if they look to be plumb and level.
I have searched the forums but don't see any discussion on this.

Attachments

• rack Image 1.jpeg
    rack Image 1.jpeg
    151.4 KB · Views: 57

jz1vqp

Reaction score
No they are all labeled etc. if they were the other way it would lean way back. It does have a built in taper to fit the slopping roof line. It just seems to not be enough. I did put the clamps on and it helped a little. I’m just a little fussy with stuff like this. It is custom for the body, it should fit better.

jz1vqp

Reaction score
It might but then they are spaced Wei g. That had very specific measurements for spacing based on the door gap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Did they ship you the right ones for your cab? Crew vs Quad. The slope is probably different.

Users who are viewing this thread