5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roof mounted curved light bar suggestions

Username1

Reaction score
Looking for a good quality curved Led light bar to put on the roof of 2019 rebel without breaking the bank (compared to the rigids). Any suggestions from experience on what brands to look at? as well what's the safest way to mount without drilling holes in the roof what would maintain some water resistance?

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Last edited:

Username1

Reaction score
Have you considered the hood-hinge light mounts?

I have considered it and I just don't like the way they look and it would probably bother me seeing it on the hood through the windshield and thanks jordan2929 for the suggestion

Sbrand03

Reaction score
Thinking about doing this to my rebel too...what size were you thinking? Post pics please

VanLith10

Reaction score
Will someone please do this to their Ram and post pics. I have yet to see one and am debating about doing it myself!

1scruffynerfherder

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with this brand? They have a mount for the 2019 apparently. I emailed them and the guy said they have the truck in the shop taking pics now to update the website in about a month.

ZROADZ

dredge38

Reaction score
Baja Designs followed by Rigid. Be aware you will be getting a lot of wind noise from these. Some people are bothered by it and some are not. Kc lights has a Pro 6 set up that is pretty sweet and although they are round and bigger than a bar they are said to be quieter.

Oldskool

Reaction score
I have the ZROADZ kit I bought for my Silverado that I never got around to installing. The light bar is the same model number so I would just have to buy the mounts, still undecided. I enjoy how quiet my cab is. ZROADZ makes excellent products by the way.

cw_mi

Reaction score
Although I'm loyal to Rigid an alternative choice for me would be Black Oak LED. I've recomended them to multiple friends, they make a good product and have even better customer service if you ever have a warranty claim. They're still a bit pricey but only about half as much as rigid for comparible products.

Black Oak- https://www.blackoakled.com/collections/curved-led-light-bars/products/50-inch-d-series-curved

Rigid- https://www.rigidindustries.com/rds-series-pro-rds-series.html
I highly recommend Black Oak, had on one my 3rd gen 2500. Wish i would have kept it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jordan2929

Reaction score
I highly recommend Black Oak, had on one my 3rd gen 2500. Wish i would have kept it.

They're definitely of the quality where you would want to remove them if you're trading the truck in. Cheaper amazon lights aren't even worth the time it takes to remove them. The lifetime warranty is also another reason.

cw_mi

Reaction score
They're definitely of the quality where you would want to remove them if you're trading the truck in. Cheaper amazon lights aren't even worth the time it takes to remove them. The lifetime warranty is also another reason.
Damn, i'm kicking myself now for letting it go. I would have had to remove the front bumper/fascia to get to it, and it's been 20's here, and my truck came in a week.

Reaction score
This thread is back from the dead lol.

Anyone do this yet? Lack of pictures on internet seem to point towards no. Everyone seems to out them in the lower grill etc... but I've always like the look of windshield curved LED bar lights.

I had 2 3ft lights on my moose bumper on my 2500 and man were they great on the dark roads.

Toolbox

Reaction score
Here’s how I bought my 2019. Previous owner installed the light bar. Not my style so I removed it. Few things:
1) as someone mentioned above the wind noise was insane. Removed it quickly after I purchased it.
2) it was a cheap Amazon one. Why someone would do that do a 60k truck was beyond me
3) they used nutserts to install which required drilling through the roof. Again 60k truck and drilling holes in the roof would make me cry lol.

again visually wasn’t my thing but even if it was the wind noise had me changing it quickly.

Attachments

• 268CBF45-90C0-41DC-85F7-3A91DCA6C961.jpeg
    268CBF45-90C0-41DC-85F7-3A91DCA6C961.jpeg
    60.7 KB · Views: 82
  • 09BEFFB2-EC2B-48C2-B58E-D26F105964CD.jpeg
    09BEFFB2-EC2B-48C2-B58E-D26F105964CD.jpeg
    145.8 KB · Views: 84
Reaction score
Here’s how I bought my 2019. Previous owner installed the light bar. Not my style so I removed it. Few things:
1) as someone mentioned above the wind noise was insane. Removed it quickly after I purchased it.
2) it was a cheap Amazon one. Why someone would do that do a 60k truck was beyond me
3) they used nutserts to install which required drilling through the roof. Again 60k truck and drilling holes in the roof would make me cry lol.

again visually wasn’t my thing but even if it was the wind noise had me changing it quickly.
Well, I appreciate the pictures as they helped me decided that what I had visualized is not what i see lol.

Your right, visually not appealing. I was hoping for something more low profile to the roof. If I went this route I wouldn't cheap out nor would I use mounts that require drilling into the roof.

The nail in the coffin is the wind noise. It sounds like this is a huge problem and very distinct.

So for me. Yep don't want it. Something in the lower grill would be better.

GWillings

Reaction score
Well, I appreciate the pictures as they helped me decided that what I had visualized is not what i see lol.

Your right, visually not appealing. I was hoping for something more low profile to the roof. If I went this route I wouldn't cheap out nor would I use mounts that require drilling into the roof.

The nail in the coffin is the wind noise. It sounds like this is a huge problem and very distinct.

So for me. Yep don't want it. Something in the lower grill would be better.
FYI, there are silencers for them out on the market so that the wind noise becomes a non factor.

Users who are viewing this thread