5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roof lightbar

Sbrand03

Reaction score
Just bought a new 2019 Rebel, I want to add a light bar to the roof but need some suggestions as to a decent inexpensive one that will fit the new 19s. Help?

Rebel03

Reaction score
Just started looking into this myself. I put roof cab lights on my last F150. Held up great but I'm nervous with the panoramic roof on my Ram Rebel. Definitely following this one if anyone makes progress.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just a FYI if your talking cab clearance lights. I wanted them on my ‘19 Ram, have had them on all my other trucks which is many. I ordered the current GM style 3 piece lights through an installer because they are small which would work better due to the limited space because of the pano roof. I dropped the truck off at the install shop and after they got into it they advised me against it and I agreed. There are multiple levels of steel around the pano including the pano frame itself. Also a few bolts and spacers keeping the sheet metal layers in place. This extra reinforcement I’m sure is for strengthening the roof due to the pano for roll over protection. The installer has installed lights on cabs similar to this and have found the screws would break when the cab flexed or the light itself would crack. Said they could install but would be risky and would have to add excessive caulk and still have a chance of leaking so I decided against it.

Rebel03

Reaction score
Just a FYI if your talking cab clearance lights. I wanted them on my ‘19 Ram, have had them on all my other trucks which is many. I ordered the current GM style 3 piece lights through an installer because they are small which would work better due to the limited space because of the pano roof. I dropped the truck off at the install shop and after they got into it they advised me against it and I agreed. There are multiple levels of steel around the pano including the pano frame itself. Also a few bolts and spacers keeping the sheet metal layers in place. This extra reinforcement I’m sure is for strengthening the roof due to the pano for roll over protection. The installer has installed lights on cabs similar to this and have found the screws would break when the cab flexed or the light itself would crack. Said they could install but would be risky and would have to add excessive caulk and still have a chance of leaking so I decided against it.
This is definitely good information. I figured about the same but hadn't looked into it yet. Still considering the roof led bar if I see someone else go for it first but leaning more towards abandoning the roof idea more.

Users who are viewing this thread