5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rolling marble sound, drivers door

TCB83

Reaction score
22 Limited, for the last few months I’ve had what sounds like a marble rolling back and forth in the drivers door when come to a stop and then accelerating. Extremely annoying. Brought it to the dealership and of course it didn’t happen when they test drove it. Must be a loose bolt rolling around.

Does anyone have experience with this? Unfortunately I’ll have to take the interior door panel off myself because the dealership won’t touch it unless they hear it. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RankinX

Reaction score
did not happen to me. all rolling things in my truck have been accounted for :ROFLMAO:.

I just need to attach the tool to remove my aftermarket wheels so it is not moving from my center console, but beside that, nothing in my door.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had a friend who bought a new Prius years ago. From day one he said it sounded like a ball bearing rolling around in the floor somewhere. Finally got it in, they heard it as well and tore the car apart to find... a bearing rolling around in the floor. 😄

He finally got smart and traded for a Ram.

In high-school my buddy's girlfriend had an old Monza with steel wheel covers. I popped one off and placed a small pebble inside. Drove her crazy for months till she finally nagged him enough to check.

Last edited:

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
These panels come off pretty easily, though the first time you do it you might think you are going to break something. There's a good youtube vid floating around the forum somewhere that you can use for reference. Hope you find the noisemaker on the first try 🍻

6of36

Reaction score
Had a friend who bought a new Prius years ago. From day one he said it sounded like a ball bearing rolling around in the floor somewhere. Finally got it in, they heard it as well and tore the car apart to find... a bearing rolling around in the floor. 😄

In high-school my buddy's girlfriend had an old Monza with steel wheel covers. I popped one off and placed a small pebble inside. Drove her crazy for months till she finally nagged him enough to check.
Part of the reason Japanese cars got so popular in the late 70s, besides the gas mileage, was because the assembly line workers used to quite often sabotage the cars. They would throw random bolts it the car in places to make rattles. On car had a fender tag, hung from a paper clip, deep in the dash. The entire dash had to be removed to get access to remove it.

2001gw

Reaction score
Back in the 1he 1960's I worked in the "Get Ready for Delivery" Department at a local Chevy dealership. We had a car that had a "Banging/hammering/clanging noise" that was happening in the right, rear quarter panel of the car when driven. It was driving us crazy looking for it. Finally, one of the senior guys (I was just a kid) removed the rear seat and side panels and took snips and cutters to the sheet metal behind the side panel and cut a hole large enough to get your hand through. He found a Coke bottle hanging on a string and swinging around like a pendulum when the car was moving! o_O

It turned out that there was a strike looming at GM at the time and someone on the assembly line sabotaged the car with the "Hanging Coke Bottle"! :D

Last edited:

Ram-a-Kin

Reaction score
Shortly after getting my 22 Limited I had something rolling around under the center console bottom. I pooped the bottom out and found a screw left during assembly that was rolling around.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Shortly after getting my 22 Limited I had something rolling around under the center console bottom. I pooped the bottom out and found a screw left during assembly that was rolling around.
I never heard it rolling around but I had a screw and some rubber cap in back on the floor.

I don't know where the rubber cap\nubby went but I still keep the screw on my desk.

2023-03-20 17.47.50.jpg

Dewey

Reaction score
That was my first guess here. Whoever was assembling the door panels likely dropped a bolt and never retrieved it.

Majortom

Reaction score

When I was a kid, we drove with the windows open most of the time. That allowed me to use a coin to tap against the backseat outside window frame as my dad drove. Tapped Faster when he went faster, slowed as he slowed. And not every time. Only once or twice a month. 😆

dork17

Reaction score
How did you pop the bottom out?? I've got the exact thing going on.

Users who are viewing this thread