5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rolling full-throttle cut out

FirstMopar

Reaction score
This is on a 2020 5.7 eTorque with 240 miles on it. Had a nice little straightaway after slowing down for a turn and from about a 10-15mph roll, full throttle revved, cut out for a half second or so, then engaged and pulled nicely. It almost felt like it didn't know what gear to go into. Windows were up and engine was loud so I couldn't hear if maybe it was just spinning - would traction control cutting throttle do this? Getting on it on the freeway has been fine and I have been nervous to try from a dead stop yet.

Anyone else run into this?

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is on a 2020 5.7 eTorque with 240 miles on it. Had a nice little straightaway after slowing down for a turn and from about a 10-15mph roll, full throttle revved, cut out for a half second or so, then engaged and pulled nicely. It almost felt like it didn't know what gear to go into. Windows were up and engine was loud so I couldn't hear if maybe it was just spinning - would traction control cutting throttle do this? Getting on it on the freeway has been fine and I have been nervous to try from a dead stop yet.

Try it from a stop twice....with TC on and then with TC off. If it happens with TC on...that's your culprit. Typically that only happens when you're getting a loss of traction. Try it out anyway though.

FirstMopar

Reaction score
Try it from a stop twice....with TC on and then with TC off. If it happens with TC on...that's your culprit. Typically that only happens when you're getting a loss of traction. Try it out anyway though.
Thanks for the reply, been nervous to run into it again but I guess that really is the best way to narrow that down. I'll give it a go from about the same speed - with TC on and off, force that kickdown and see how it behaves.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, been nervous to run into it again but I guess that really is the best way to narrow that down. I'll give it a go from about the same speed - with TC on and off, force that kickdown and see how it behaves.
Hopefully that's all it is!

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Hi @FirstMopar - Should you need to work with your dealer at all for this, please do not hesitate to follow up with us via private message for further support through that process.

Mark
RamCares

FirstMopar

Reaction score
Hi @FirstMopar - Should you need to work with your dealer at all for this, please do not hesitate to follow up with us via private message for further support through that process.

Mark
RamCares
Thank you, I've been trying to go easy on her but so far it hasn't happened again. I wish I had been paying attention to dash indicators and such. It might have been coming out of MDS mode also. I appreciate you reaching out and will bring it up to them if I can replicate it.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thank you, I've been trying to go easy on her but so far it hasn't happened again. I wish I had been paying attention to dash indicators and such. It might have been coming out of MDS mode also. I appreciate you reaching out and will bring it up to them if I can replicate it.

Thank you for taking the time to follow up, I certainly understand where you are coming from. Our team is always a private message away for further support if needed!

Mark
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread