5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roll n Lock M series XT Tonneau Cover

Hawkshot99

Reaction score
I recently bought and installed the Roll n Lock M series XT Tonneau Cover on my Ram.
I was replacing a cheap trifold that came with the truck. I had some basic bed bars I had bought on Amazon to go across the bed. With these installed, the bed leaked a decent amount, couldn’t fold the cover open, and had very little bed security against a knife.

So I got the cover, it was missing 2 bolts to install, but these were quickly shipped to me.
The install was not very difficult, but the instructions could have been a bit better. I had never used a self locking bolt before and it took me quite awhile to figure them out.

Now I’ve had the cover installed for about a week, with Thule feet to go in the e-track slot, crossbars, and my ski storage box.
IMG_1171.jpeg IMG_1170.jpeg

IMG_1169.jpeg IMG_1166.jpeg

I got lucky in that the feet I had saved from my last trucks cap roof rack can go into the tracks. The bed bars from Amazon shockingly will work with these feet as well, so a bunch of money saved there.
Things I like so far…..
-Going to the car wash has left the bed dry. I wouldn’t store super important to keep dry stuff back there, but I feel way better than my old setup.
-Under the fabric looking cover, is solid metal slats that roll up in the front box. You can’t cut through the cover with a knife.
-I can open/close the bed in 2 seconds, and can lift off the bars just as easy if I need a taller bed.
-The new cover is about an inch shorter off the bed floor than my old cover, so I can’t stand my large gas cans up under it anymore. But I can just open the cover and have it lock at select intervals to still keep the bed mostly covered.

-The only thing I don’t like about the cover is the locking mechanism. My truck has a locking tailgate, so I wish the bed cover didn’t have a key. Just require me to open the bed and squeeze a release mechanism to open it so I don’t have to go get my key out of the cab.

Overall I’m very happy with the look and function of the cover so far.

Attachments

• IMG_1168.jpeg
    IMG_1168.jpeg
    272.8 KB · Views: 13

rbreding

Reaction score
How many inches are available under the non-movable part of the cover near the front ? Searching for a cover that might work with an axillary fuel tank.

Hawkshot99

Reaction score
How many inches are available under the non-movable part of the cover near the front ? Searching for a cover that might work with an axillary fuel tank.
I’ll have to measure for you. 1 reason I chose this cover, is that it has the smallest canister so it will fit with a decked bed drawers in case I ever decide to go that way

Hawkshot99

Reaction score
13-3/4” off the bed floor, but I do have a rubber bed mat. IMG_1182.jpeg

CJC66

Reaction score
I recently bought and installed the Roll n Lock M series XT Tonneau Cover on my Ram.
I was replacing a cheap trifold that came with the truck. I had some basic bed bars I had bought on Amazon to go across the bed. With these installed, the bed leaked a decent amount, couldn’t fold the cover open, and had very little bed security against a knife.

So I got the cover, it was missing 2 bolts to install, but these were quickly shipped to me.
The install was not very difficult, but the instructions could have been a bit better. I had never used a self locking bolt before and it took me quite awhile to figure them out.

Now I’ve had the cover installed for about a week, with Thule feet to go in the e-track slot, crossbars, and my ski storage box.
View attachment 170368 View attachment 170369

View attachment 170370 View attachment 170372

I got lucky in that the feet I had saved from my last trucks cap roof rack can go into the tracks. The bed bars from Amazon shockingly will work with these feet as well, so a bunch of money saved there.
Things I like so far…..
-Going to the car wash has left the bed dry. I wouldn’t store super important to keep dry stuff back there, but I feel way better than my old setup.
-Under the fabric looking cover, is solid metal slats that roll up in the front box. You can’t cut through the cover with a knife.
-I can open/close the bed in 2 seconds, and can lift off the bars just as easy if I need a taller bed.
-The new cover is about an inch shorter off the bed floor than my old cover, so I can’t stand my large gas cans up under it anymore. But I can just open the cover and have it lock at select intervals to still keep the bed mostly covered.

-The only thing I don’t like about the cover is the locking mechanism. My truck has a locking tailgate, so I wish the bed cover didn’t have a key. Just require me to open the bed and squeeze a release mechanism to open it so I don’t have to go get my key out of the cab.

Overall I’m very happy with the look and function of the cover so far.
Good morning Hawkshot,
Hope you are all safe and well, and ready for the long Christmas weekend. I recently had the Retrax version of the bed cover installed, and have been looking to install roof racks lilke the one you have. Could you let me know which cross bar and support/feet combination you used. Info from Thule, Yakima, and Rhino-Racks websites on options for bed covers with tracks is very limited.

Thanks. Merry Christmas!

Users who are viewing this thread