5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roll N Lock M Series vs UltraFlex/Armor Flex

tcrews

Reaction score
I know there are probable a million threads on here regarding bed covers but I am having a hard time sorting through all of them.

I am currently sitting on the fence trying to decide between a Roll N Lock M Series and either an Undercover UltraFlex/ArmorFlex (since the only real differences appear to be the linex and the capet underside on either or).

I was hoping to get some real world feedback from folks with either of these already installed and weigh some pros vs cons.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA.

TangoFoxtrot

Reaction score
I don't have the M series, I have the A series. I went with it because my father in-law has it on his 2500 and loves his, plus the A series is aluminum and figured it was stronger. I really like mine and it is easy to use. However, Roll N lock changed the design for our beds. The older models locked into the tailgate, which meant you had to unlock the bed cover to open the tailgate, this is no longer the case and you can open the tailgate with the cover closed which is nice. But, because of this, the locking mechanism has a weakness. If you close the cover with the tailgate open, you can damage the metal blocks that prevent the cover from overextending. I did just that, but fortunately Roll N lock sent me replacement parts for free. The instructions with the cover leave some to be desired. It was difficult installing by my self and getting all the measurements just right. I love being able to lock the cover and still access the tailgate. The retractable feature is very useful and overall I am happy with the cover. I think being retractable is far more useful than a trifold and when retracted you do not obstruct your rear view. The roll'n lock takes up very little space in the bed, and mine seems to do a good job of sealing the bed from rain. You still get some water from the tailgate area, but it is very minimal. Hope this helps, the M is the same design just not aluminum.

Users who are viewing this thread