5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rodent damage

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was going to try the moth ball method; how did you hold them by the wings or the legs to gather them?
Sounds tricky at first, but I bet if you expose them to CNN and TikTok for a couple weeks, they'll be signing themselves up and demanding Medicare pay for the transition.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Create a simple Peppermint releasing device and put it in areas where rats or mice go, they won't go near it. Also a lot of insects like ****roaches (lol, it censors this, haha) also avoid peppermint.

Get an old pill bottle, drill a few holes, stuff it with cotton balls that you put peppermint oil on, and it will stay active for months. I recharge mine with fresh oil drops about every 3 months and it's still strong even after all that time. I can probably go 4-5 months between recharges.

Just note that cats also hate the smell and will avoid it as well.
I like that idea. You could attach the bottle with a zip tie, and not have to worry about the cotton balls blowing away, like I suggested, just stuffing them someplace.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I like that idea. You could attach the bottle with a zip tie, and not have to worry about the cotton balls blowing away, like I suggested, just stuffing them someplace.

I attached them to the truck using Velcro, the hard side in the engine bay and the soft side on the bottles. I like the Velcro because it's secure enough in an engine bay while being easy to remove to service and recharge the bottles with more peppermint oil.

I've learned recently not to stuff the bottles full with cotton balls, as they block the holes I drilled and prevents the smell from getting out. Just enough cotton balls to hold the oil while leaving the holes open to vent to the outside.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread