5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rocky Ridge = Rough Ride

davisenvy

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ram Big Horn with the Rocky Ridge Package. My previous trucks were a 2016 Laramie 2500 Cummins and 2017 Laramie 1500, so I'm pretty familiar with how good these trucks can ride. My Rocky Ridge level is made up of blocks only and it rides like garbage. When I hit speed bumps and pot holes there is a harsh thud in the front end. I have only found 1 coil over kit with fox shocks for $2,700 and was wondering what everyone else is doing for a level and smooth ride.

I read the Mopar 2" level thread until it trailed off into an exhaust discussion.

Last edited:

Helmetface

Reaction score
Stock suspension (ORP in my case) with a top hat spacer is a very near stock ride.

I'm still planning a legitimate lift at some point down the road, but this set up works very well.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Op how much lift / level are you trying to achieve and did you test drive this truck before purchase ? The only reason I ask is if it rode fine before and now it is an issue, maybe you can negotiate a replacement level ?

davisenvy

Reaction score
My truck is completely level right now and I like the look. I am OK with a little rake if that's what I need to fix the rough ride. I'm not sure if the harshness has gotten worse, but the rough ride and thumping in the front end came out on my first road trip (at 4,000 mi). So far the dealer has offered to take out the spacers for a stock rake, but I really don't think my wheel/tire combo will fit then (285/55/20). Besides, I paid for a package that doesn't work correctly with the truck. The ride has definitely gotten louder because there seems to be an alignment issue that is causing cupping in my front tires along with excessive tire noise. I'm thinking about trying to negotiate the Mopar 2" leveling kit in some kind of deal, but my indy mechanic says anything with a block will ride like trash.

PorBoy

Reaction score
So what then is your mechanic suggesting as far as your options ?

davisenvy

Reaction score
He says the Bilstein Adjustable leveling kit that is currently out of stock or the BDS kit with the Fox shocks that is $2,700. I am not happy with just the spacers in there and would like to know which route would give me a close to factory ride. I can't trust the vendor sites because they all say "same as factory ride" when I know that isn't true. Is the Mopar 2 in level kit the best bang for the buck right now?

PorBoy

Reaction score
I had the OG one from back in 2018 when I purchased the truck. Afterwards they offered a second spacer and that did in turn level me. But again I wanted my 4x4 to look the part so I bailed on my Mopar lift.

mk2019ORP

Reaction score
I had the OG one from back in 2018 when I purchased the truck. Afterwards they offered a second spacer and that did in turn level me. But again I wanted my 4x4 to look the part so I bailed on my Mopar lift.
Just out of curiosity, what were your chief complaints with the Mopar lift? Height, level? I am considering going this route but don’t want to shell out the cash if I’ll have regrets down the road. Thanks for the input.

Users who are viewing this thread