5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rocker panels 5th gen 1500 quad cab

Undaground

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows of any plastic rocker panels for 5th gen quad cab 1500. I know the company air design makes them in crew cab but not in quad cab. Any ideas or recommendations? I really like the look of the air designs version but any recommendations with pics if possible. Thanks.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven’t come across any as well. I was thinking about going with a matte wrap on my rocker panels. Haven’t had a chance to stop by and price it out yet. I’d be interested to hear what you find out.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was quoted $700-800 to have my rocker panels vinyl wrapped. Seems a bit high but not sure. That was a local tint shop. I’m going to try a few other shops that specialize in vehicle wraps for some comparison.

Undaground

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the quote. If it's that expensive I might just try plastidipping it myself.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I found another Local place around here that will do vinyl wrap for 600 or matte finish PPF for 850 which provides more protection and lasts up to 10 years, I’m told.

Undaground

Reaction score
I would probably go with the matte black ppf for 850 just for the longevity and extra protection. Im'a go to some local shops here in Nj to see about an estimate for that. Thanks for keeping me posted.

Geoff_yyc

Reaction score
Hello! Glad I found this thread. North of your border (Alberta) I was quoted 1100 for the matte black PPF on the rocker panels of my '23 silver Classic just last week... Which seems ridiculous. I was also told by the company that quoted me I'd be lucky to get 2 years as I spend a bit of time on gravel roads every fall.

I had a 2010 TRX, that I just sold for my new truck, and had the rockers sprayed with Line-X rock guard when i bought it.

It lasted about 7 years then began to rust from the inside out and eventually peeled everything from the bottom up. No warranty on rocker spray as they state it rusts due to water/ salt eventually seeping in.

I've thought about going the distance and masking, sandblasting then applying primer and Steel-It Epoxy coat so I can just touch up any rock chips as required.

I would be greatful for any thoughts or suggestions!

Users who are viewing this thread