5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rocker Panel - Wrap / Fender Flares

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
View attachment 94835 By any chance did you have the same issue with the front flares running short or did they fit perfrctly? The Mopar store online provides three different part numbers for the same part. It sucks that they don't provide better description or images.
I feel like these must be rebel flares

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 94835 By any chance did you have the same issue with the front flares running short or did they fit perfrctly? The Mopar store online provides three different part numbers for the same part. It sucks that they don't provide better description or images.
No. Mine line up with the bumper. You must have the wrong fender flares. Those might be the ones that go on the Rebel.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
those are rebel flares rebels are two inchs shorter

sheepdogtrail

Reaction score
After considering all of the options available. I decided to purchase a roll of 3M Wrap Series 1080 - Matte Deep Black -M22 to wrap the rocker panels on the truck.

It took me a day per side since I'm an amateur at wrapping and there are a lot of twist and turns around the door sills.

I also purchased a set of tools to apply vinyl:

View attachment 29154

View attachment 29155

View attachment 29156

I also installed Mopar OEM fender flares after applying the rocker panels.

I had to remove the clips from the OEM fender tabs and put 3M tape on the tabs, after I honed it down and smoothed it off with a dremmel tool with a sanding head.
Since I do not have the factory holes in my panels.
View attachment 29157

View attachment 29158

View attachment 29159

View attachment 29160

View attachment 29161
What size vinyl wrap did you use? How much did you need to buy to do the rockers.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What size vinyl wrap did you use? How much did you need to buy to do the rockers.
I ordered 5ft x 25ft (125 Sq/ft), It was probably double of what I needed but wanted to take into account for mistakes since this was my first wrap and for re-wrap at a later date.

Fbird

Reaction score
Looks great! I ordered some by LUND as nobody at mopar could/would do squat for me....I need a vin. Well if my truck HAD them on it I wouldn't be ORDERING them from you!!!!! argh

BTW how much FLARE do the mopars get you? about 1"?

Fbird

Reaction score
my Lunds are on along with some Westin Platinum nerf bars
1000003459.jpg

right at about 1" wide. Not sure what/if I'm going to do some mud flaps.......50/50

Users who are viewing this thread