5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rocker panel covers

BNJMN

Reaction score
Has anyone used these long term. Past two non ram trucks always had rocker and cab corner rust issues. Wondering if this might help and also give me a bit of style. Was disappointed the factory paint protection film doesn’t appear to be installed on the rockers. My primary concern with these is they are taped on and could they hold moisture behind them? 1654729205577.jpeg

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The could hold moisture behind them, but most cars and SUV's have plastic covers these days and doesn't seem to be a big issue. That said rockers rust from the inside out so I don't think they will do anything as far as preventing rust.

BNJMN

Reaction score
The could hold moisture behind them, but most cars and SUV's have plastic covers these days and doesn't seem to be a big issue. That said rockers rust from the inside out so I don't think they will do anything as far as preventing rust.
I might give them a shot. On my 2001 the rockers were oiled regularly and still didn’t see 10 years. 2012 I washed frequently and always stored inside, did the rockers and cab corners at the body shop in 2018. Salt sucks on Michigan roads. Plus I’ve been looking at some graphics for the truck and thought this may give a nice look.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Rockers rust from the inside out. Adding something to the outside isn't going to stop the rust. Will just hide it from sight until it gets so bad the covers fall off

itsristoff

Reaction score
Okay so unless I'm Blind or an Idiot...

I have a 2021 BigHorn Quad ( Extended ) Cab...New Body Style...

Has anyone been able to find any Rocker Covers at all for this...Everything I have seen is only Crew Cab or The Classic Body style...?

Users who are viewing this thread