5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rock Rails

Reaction score
So I had been looking at getting some rock rails for my 2021 rebel since I got it in May. Being a oompa loompa, I'm about 2 inches short to get into my truck and not side on and off of my seat, so I really needed a step. But I hated the look of the stock side step and wanted a rock rail.

After some research, it seems like rocky road outfitters are the only bubbas that make rails for a rebel. So I ordered a set, it took about 9 weeks to get them made. Then they shipped at 11 weeks.

Just my luck, Fedex lost them for 8 days, and deliverd them 20 days after they got picked up. (Please never ship ANYTHING with fedex, this happens way too often with them)

They show up generously wrapped in foam and plastic wrap and with no issues. Wun wrapping them, taking of the plastic trim, and hanging them took about an hour. The thing that took the longest was getting the motivation to lift them onto the frame studs.

All n all, I'm very happy with the rails. Took forever to get made, but they are very well built and any time I had a question, I got quick answers from the team. I wish more companies would just communicate and make quality products like the rocky road team. So I feel like given em a shout out.

Attachments

• 20210901_185108.jpg
    20210901_185108.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 20210901_185121.jpg
    20210901_185121.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 20210901_185113.jpg
    20210901_185113.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 89

Crotalus

Reaction score
Looks sweet. How are you liking them, and do they work well as a step to get in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Nice. Glad you got a good product. I like the look.

I went the Westin route. They are rock solid (I am 350 and they don't flex). They actually step down to provide an easier step. Probably not what you were looking for if you wanted sliders. They are not lower than the frame so there is no clearance loss but still not a slider.

My hard core 4 wheeling was in my jeep days. Sliders are important to not hang up so what you have looks like a great choice if you are serious. 👍

Users who are viewing this thread