5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rock lights?

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Here’s where I put my light bar switch.
Thinking of doing something similar for my drl's. The fuse for the drl harness was 5 amps, think there's a need to isolate the switch with a relay?

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thinking about getting these lights... Rock lights

Still haven't ordered the controller, but I will. Also thinking about finally getting the rear wheel well liners to make mounting the rock lights easier.

Can anyone post pix of their rock lights mounted?

Watts

Reaction score
Thinking of doing something similar for my drl's. The fuse for the drl harness was 5 amps, think there's a need to isolate the switch with a relay?
Ever since I’ve known better, I put a relay on all switches. Makes me more comfortable not having the current flow through the switch.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ever since I’ve known better, I put a relay on all switches. Makes me more comfortable not having the current flow through the switch.
Thank you, all I needed to hear 👍

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally got around to buying the Blazer controller. Remote battery was dead. 🙁 Rigged up a 9V to test it.

Now to figure out where to mount it. Front of battery box would be nice, but need access and don't want terminals facing up...

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got the controller mounted, hooked up a light for test, and got it connected to Homelink. Love it!

Now to determine whether I waste time hooking up dirt cheap LED's I had laying around or go ahead and spend the money on Diode Dynamics rock lights.

Been telling myself $50ish, few and far between mods for the Ram... got a 64 C10 to finish.

brun_dalouh

Reaction score
I think it would be cool to wire them to the cargo bed lights. If you did, wouldn’t the rock lights come on when you remote unlocked the doors?

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With the Blazer controller I can carry the remote with me and turn them on/off independently of any other truck lights, which will be great for camping. In the RRT right now. Would have been nice to have them this weekend.

But yes, you are correct they would come on when I unlock the doors, but my mirror and tailgate light already do.

I think I've decided on Rough Country lights.

Users who are viewing this thread