5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rock lights?

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking to add some rock lights. Right now that's all I'm needing. Haven't found a set I like. I just want white lights to see where my tires are. Don't need any multicolor, strobing effects for that "UFO" looklook.

Problem is I just don't know where to mount a switch. I don't need a full panel for one, and don't want some cheesy Pep Boys rocker on my dash. I'm tempted to power them off an inline trailer harness with a relay tied into the bed/cargo lights. Anyone done anything like that?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
@Malodave has a really nice 3d printed solution that replaces the sunglasses holder.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How about the blazer int.
Wireless controller. I keep it out of sight, you can also sync it to the home link buttons.
Starts at $50-60 depending on the model you get. They also have a bluetooth model

Attachments

• 20221002_182531.jpg
    20221002_182531.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 101
  • 20221217_104600.jpg
    20221217_104600.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 101
  • 20221217_104551.jpg
    20221217_104551.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 101

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That sounds like what I need! I have an unused Homelink button.

Will go check it out. Thanks!

Last edited:

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Okay, think I'm going to order the Blazer controller.

Any recommendations on good just white rock lights? Somewhere I remember someone saying they wired bed lights into an inline trailer light harness. Thought that might work for rock lights too.

Really wanting that Oracle light bar that fits the Rebel grill, but not been hearing good things about it and water. Wonder if a better light could be installed. Love the housing.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I have the Blazer too - I think I was probably one of the first Ram guys to do it - and it still works perfect after more than 2 years. For rock lights I personally just get the typical white Amazon rock lights and I haven’t had issues. I have all 7 of my Baja Designs Squadrons on 1 homelink button and then my reverse lights on the 2nd homelink button. I also have a quick tutorial how to use it on my Instagram page @ 5thGen.Ram Blazer/Homelink Buttons

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Blazer too - I think I was probably one of the first Ram guys to do it - and it still works perfect after more than 2 years. For rock lights I personally just get the typical white Amazon rock lights and I haven’t had issues. I have all 7 of my Baja Designs Squadrons on 1 homelink button and then my reverse lights on the 2nd homelink button. I also have a quick tutorial how to use it on my Instagram page @ 5thGen.Ram Blazer/Homelink Buttons
Thanks!

I see there are two controllers. One has a remote and one uses an app/phone. I would prefer the remote. Do you guys have the remote version hooked up to Homelink? Can't find anything to specifically say it will.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks!

I see there are two controllers. One has a remote and one uses an app/phone. I would prefer the remote. Do you guys have the remote version hooked up to Homelink? Can't find anything to specifically say it will.
Yes I have the remote version. The app version wasn’t available when I bought mine

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Okay, think I'm going to order the Blazer controller.

Any recommendations on good just white rock lights? Somewhere I remember someone saying they wired bed lights into an inline trailer light harness. Thought that might work for rock lights too.

Really wanting that Oracle light bar that fits the Rebel grill, but not been hearing good things about it and water. Wonder if a better light could be installed. Love the housing.
Autozone carries it. So easy return if you end up not liking it.
The oracle light bar is cool. But if you are unsure you could always do the hidden light bar in the lower grill like many have done. You will have many to choose from. And sizes 18" 20" and 30". Single row or double row

Attachments

• 20221002_182449.jpg
    20221002_182449.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 46

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, but if I can do the same with the Blazer it is 4 channel and leaves me room for expansion. Regardless of what I might say right now, I'll want to add more.
Same reason i went with the blazer and i think there is even an 8 chanel model.
Otherwise another option is rought country. They also sell a single key chain like wireless controller

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep thats where i saw it and copied it from. Glad it is going strong after 2 years

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks!

There aren't that many reviews on it but i did see a guy complaining about the bluetooth not being the best and wanting to purchase just a controller to use with his unit. So i figure the control model would be the best option.
I don't have mine sync to the home link buttons. I have 2 free but using 3 chanels so i just left it un sync

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Autozone carries it. So easy return if you end up not liking it.
The oracle light bar is cool. But if you are unsure you could always do the hidden light bar in the lower grill like many have done. You will have many to choose from. And sizes 18" 20" and 30". Single row or double row
Autozone has the Oracle or Blazer? I didn't see either.

I'm thinking about a winch in that lower location someday.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There aren't that many reviews on it but i did see a guy complaining about the bluetooth not being the best and wanting to purchase just a controller to use with his unit. So i figure the control model would be the best option.
I don't have mine sync to the home link buttons. I have 2 free but using 3 chanels so i just left it un sync
Where did you mount yours?

Users who are viewing this thread