5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Road scars

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
U better not park your truck at any stores & walk in then. What are you going to do when your inside Walmart & a car pulls up next to your pristine truck & a 6 year old kid accidentally opens his door into your door & puts a nice ding on her ? U going to spaz out ? Holy buckets u people are all way too obsessed with material possessions!!!!
a kid is different wont be as mad but a grown adult i would be pissed and make sure they giving cash to get damaged fixed

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Definitely.My last truck I didn’t think twice about going off pavement. I took it slow on gravel but still think that was the ding I got. My bad luck here lately also has been cars traveling the other direction flinging stuff at me a few times. Thankfully one was a piece of a tire but the other was a rock to the hood

I've had a Mazda 3 hatchback since 2014. Pretty low, sloped hood. Not Miata low, but low. Never had a rock hit it. Had the truck since July. Already got a rock dent right on the front edge of the hood.

SeaHogs

Reaction score
I've had a Mazda 3 hatchback since 2014. Pretty low, sloped hood. Not Miata low, but low. Never had a rock hit it. Had the truck since July. Already got a rock dent right on the front edge of the hood.
I had one smack my front bumper a few weeks after making this post. Small dent and about 4 chips. Next truck I’ll probably go with PPF or just get chrome bumper. But it just makes me realize even more some things I just cannot control.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had one smack my front bumper a few weeks after making this post. Small dent and about 4 chips. Next truck I’ll probably go with PPF or just get chrome bumper. But it just makes me realize even more some things I just cannot control.
Maybe truck OEM's should take a page out of jean makers' playbooks and sell us one's with a "distressed" look, where the bumpers and maybe some areas of the sides and wheels have "scratches" and "dents" that are actually just painted-on designs so when you get actual scuffs you can't tell the difference! :D

SeaHogs

Reaction score
Maybe truck OEM's should take a page out of jean makers' playbooks and sell us one's with a "distressed" look, where the bumpers and maybe some areas of the sides and wheels have "scratches" and "dents" that are actually just painted-on designs so when you get actual scuffs you can't tell the difference! :D
You know I’ve also thought this lol

cervelo15

Reaction score
I got PPF after a road Trip to Florida. Touched up the small nicks I got from the trip and had the PPF put on. Should have done that first, best money I spent for peace of mind.

Users who are viewing this thread