5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Road Noise Down Big Time

berniemac23

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I been reading up on the forums and seeing what people are saying about road noise. After taking it to my local dealer i was told everything was fine and thats normal noise.
I SAID NO WAY!! So i started doing my own research and after many hrs of trail and error i was able to get the DB down a bit.

I have 2020 Limited V8 Hemi

I drive my kids to school everyday about 8-10 mins on 55-mph road. Before my DIY fix. my phone app was showing 67-70db at 55-60mph
I was getting a lot noise from the lower part of the truck in the back and near the rear sliding window and what i notice when the seats are upright there is about 3-5 inch gap between the seat and the bed. So after buying many things and trying thing ... i finally found something that worked for me.

First i filled all the gap between rear window and the seat. My truck had nice gap on the LEFT side. So i found something that will fit really nicely and looked good and not out of place. The right side gap wasn't as large as left side.

Second i ordered foams panels. Now this was tricky to get it behind the seats. So the best way to put them back there is move the seat up and there is enough room to slide them back there. I was able to put 5-6 foam each seat. After, I put them around anywhere i saw open gap under the seat. I ordered 5 packs. If you dont use them return them. I used all.

Finally I put in Under Seat Storage. This is something i will never use right now since i have 2 car seats, but this played a HUGE part in the noise cancelling. After making sure the storage fit was good. I put more foams in the storage area. PLEASE MAKE SURE THE SEAT GOES DOWN ALL THE WAY IF NOT REMOVE SOME FOAM.

My final test was same route, same road and same temp. All tires at 35psi and my DB went down to 59!! (Hell ya) from high 67db.

It is super quite and even my kids notice it. I love the truck and it sucks that customers are going through this issue. I really hope this helps few people that have the same issue that i had.

If anyone has questions please feel free to post them here.

Attachments

• Image from iOS.png
    Image from iOS.png
    229.9 KB · Views: 68

TheMopars

Reaction score
Pretty impressive reduction, cutting it in about half if I'm reading that correct.

That said coming out of a manual Challenger with a 392 and catback/intake ( and
the intentional minimal sound insulation on that car) this truck sounds like a library
inside to me in stock form.

U

User_3336

The "gap" is where I believe the ETORQUE BATTERY "would" have been if equipped.

That's a big "gap" when that battery isn't there!

ebattery.jpg

Slumlord

Reaction score
My first impression when I test drove this truck was how quiet it was. Are you sure something else isn't going on?

Users who are viewing this thread