5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Road Hazard & Tire Protection

ballgame168

Reaction score
Planning to get a lifetime warranty for peace of mind and because I intend to keep this truck a long time. Also got a quote from Ziegler for the road hazard & tire protection plan. $375 for 7 years and unlimited miles. I know these types of plans and warranties represent a lot of margin for dealers. But given the cost of tires and wheels is this plan worth it? Anybody else get it? Anybody else ever made a claim?

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn’t get that plan but I did buy a plan through my local tire dealer. Covers the tires up until half tread wear for $28 a tire, no matter what happens to it, including me driving over a scrap pile.

I figured it was a good deal. After half life of the tire, I wouldn’t want a direct replacement on just one tire anyways, I’d replace all of them.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Planning to get a lifetime warranty for peace of mind and because I intend to keep this truck a long time. Also got a quote from Ziegler for the road hazard & tire protection plan. $375 for 7 years and unlimited miles. I know these types of plans and warranties represent a lot of margin for dealers. But given the cost of tires and wheels is this plan worth it? Anybody else get it? Anybody else ever made a claim?
The only policy I bought from the dealer was road hazard. I'm remembering a 5-year plan, but I could be mistaken. We've done this on other vehicles (non-Mopar), and it seems like we've always used them enough to get our money's worth. One slightly-damaged rim or two ripped tires will more than pay for that policy.

ballgame168

Reaction score
The only policy I bought from the dealer was road hazard. I'm remembering a 5-year plan, but I could be mistaken. We've done this on other vehicles (non-Mopar), and it seems like we've always used them enough to get our money's worth. One slightly-damaged rim or two ripped tires will more than pay for that policy.
I am thinking for only $375 and 7 years of coverage it makes sense. Worst case I am out $50-60 per year if I never use it, but could be a real money saver if an incident or two occurs as you said.

Reaction score
I purchased the plan. We had a tire on our Challenger and it picked up a screw in the sidewall. To it to the local part store to fix. He said it needed a new tire. I called the dealer and they said the was no such warranty. We looked in our papers and we had it. We got the tire the next day. The policy paid for itself with the one tire..

ballgame168

Reaction score
I purchased the plan. We had a tire on our Challenger and it picked up a screw in the sidewall. To it to the local part store to fix. He said it needed a new tire. I called the dealer and they said the was no such warranty. We looked in our papers and we had it. We got the tire the next day. The policy paid for itself with the one tire..
Thx for the feedback. Definitely going to get this coverage.

Users who are viewing this thread