5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RL3.5" lift ride quality options

Amplify249

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I fell into the marketing with the RL3.5" sst being on sale for 630. I was ready to get the kit installed, but then I started seeing all the reviews regarding horrible ride quality so it is making me wonder if I should go a different route. My truck is a 4x2 so I'm guessing my options are limited, which leads to these questions...
1) is the ride as horrible as people say with just the straight sst kit installed?
2) what is my best option to maintain a decent ride quality? Should I have gone with a spindle lift instead?
3) I see rough country has options to do a coilovers setup but is listed only for 4wd, are they the same or different for 2wd?
4) are their any 2wd 4" kits that have proven results?

I know that any suspension changes will cause some decrease in rideability, I just don't want to be unhappy with the money I have spent. Iknow some of you will ask why I'm lifting a 2wd...I like the look and want my truck to look the best it can. I don't off-road, have no desire, just want a nice vehicle to make my own. I appreciate any advice.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread