5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ripped my seat

Nibis

Reaction score
:cry: I was at work today and put a pair of scissors in my back pocket I forgot about them when I went to sit in the truck I scooted over and ripped a hole in the seat. I've got the black leather interior Laramie does anybody have a part number for the lower seat cushion cover. I also wonder if this is something the dealer could do or go to an upholstery place

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
:cry: I was at work today and put a pair of scissors in my back pocket I forgot about them when I went to sit in the truck I scooted over and ripped a hole in the seat. I've got the black leather interior Laramie does anybody have a part number for the lower seat cushion cover. I also wonder if this is something the dealer could do or go to an upholstery place
Definitely go to upholstery place, they can order matching material and replace just the ripped panel. Won't be that expensive especially if you remove the seat cover. Just the bottom cover from the dealer is probably $400-500.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

dreinert

Reaction score
Agree with DTS, I had a mismatch pattern on my drivers seat, 1500 limited black.

Dealer replaced under warranty and it was awful, wrinkles before I ever sat in it, Heating wires were bound up in seams, offset by 3/4”, and they gouged up the seat controls. They again replaced it because after 2 weeks the wrinkles were permanent/stretched; I’d give it an 7/10 now.

Doing it all over i would’ve lived with he mismatch pattern; second option i would’ve went to an auto upholster.

Reactions: STR

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
you would be amazed at what a good upholsterer can do as far as repairing. Probably $100-$150.

STR

Reaction score
Agree with DTS, I had a mismatch pattern on my drivers seat, 1500 limited black.

Dealer replaced under warranty and it was awful, wrinkles before I ever sat in it, Heating wires were bound up in seams, offset by 3/4”, and they gouged up the seat controls. They again replaced it because after 2 weeks the wrinkles were permanent/stretched; I’d give it an 7/10 now.

Doing it all over i would’ve lived with he mismatch pattern; second option i would’ve went to an auto upholster.

I’ve said this many times... More often than not any repair(s) are usually worse, and creates more issues, than if left alone :LOL:

OP, I agree... Go to an upholstery professional.

Users who are viewing this thread