5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rim Rash Repair (on 22in OEM)

NewRam92

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone else has had their rim rash repaired on the 22" OEM rims (with grey inserts). I bought my truck used and one of the conditions of sale was that they would have a rim repair company come in and fix the rim rash. After lots of back/forth, the rim repair company came in and "fixed" the rims, or so I thought. They did polish down/fix the alloy metal part of the rim, but the painted insert was still damaged. I've asked the dealer to follow up with the rim repair company and ask why the entire damaged area wasn't repaired, but I haven't heard back from them. I've reached out to other rim repair companies as well and am waiting to hear back.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why they wouldn't have repaired this portion of the rim. Unless it's not possible?? Curious if anyone else has had their rims repaired and if repairing this portion of the rim is possible. Having my rims look like this is not acceptable to me.

1611936421920.png

camaro430sut

Reaction score
This is one of the services I offer. To me it sounds like either incompetence or inexperience on the part of the tech doing the repair. If you're fixing part of it, fix all of it. Any pictures of what they did?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

NewRam92

Reaction score
So it sounds like, from a practical perspective, it's definitely possible for a company to fix this then? They did fix most of the rim rash around the exterior of the rim (mostly on silver/metal part). Some of the work can be seen where the shaved it down, but it's not an eye sore.

There are 2-3 spots on different rims where the damage extended into the colored insert and they didn't fix any of those.

camaro430sut

Reaction score
Yea I see that now. The tech likely didn't fix that due to where it is. Not easily repaired using tools, it would have to be hand sanded. And depending on what the dealer is paying per rim I could understand why he may not have wanted to go the extra mile. That said, the tech likely knew it was a sold unit and should have repaired it to the best of their ability. Id have them correct it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread