5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rim help

CallMeChris

Reaction score
I hadn’t planned on doing new rims, just sticking with the stocks but the more I look, the more I want. Can you help me please...

I will be staying stock or 2” level kit at most and I want to stay with a 20” rim. I won’t be going huge with a tire, between stock size and a 33” all terrain at most I believe.

So, what is the backspacing or offset I need to be looking at to keep the tires under the truck like they are but not worry about rubbing?

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hadn’t planned on doing new rims, just sticking with the stocks but the more I look, the more I want. Can you help me please...

I will be staying stock or 2” level kit at most and I want to stay with a 20” rim. I won’t be going huge with a tire, between stock size and a 33” all terrain at most I believe.

So, what is the backspacing or offset I need to be looking at to keep the tires under the truck like they are but not worry about rubbing?[/QUOTE You'll need around a + 19 which is what I believe the stock offset is.

CallMeChris

Reaction score
So +19 is stock offset. Would that mean that 0 offset sticks out further or tucks under further?

CallMeChris

Reaction score
Next question...about how much further? Lol

I appreciate the help, you are clearing up lots of questions I have. I found a rim I’m thinking of but it only comes in 0 and -18 is why I’m asking.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
19mm.....go with the zero if those are your two choices and you're going to purchase that wheel. If you do the 2in level you can fit a 295/60/20

Jax44

Reaction score
Next question...about how much further? Lol

I appreciate the help, you are clearing up lots of questions I have. I found a rim I’m thinking of but it only comes in 0 and -18 is why I’m asking.
The difference between stock +19 and 0 is 3/4” further out, if you do the -18 it would be 1.46”. Go to tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator if you want to play around a bit.

911Chopper

Reaction score

So, what is the backspacing or offset I need to be looking at to keep the tires under the truck like they are but not worry about rubbing?

Try this... it was a huge help doing mine... https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/

Users who are viewing this thread