5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ridge Grapplers in snow

Texas415

Reaction score
I recently moved to Colorado and needing a more "meaty" tire for the winter up here. I love the Ridge Grappler in which I have ran on previous trucks. That being said, the Ridge Grappler is not backed by the 3-peak snow emblem, but I've seen people running them up here in Denver. Has anyone had any experience with Ridge Grapplers on ice/snow, and would it be a solid tire to run in Colorado winters. Yes I can go with a KO2 or Duratrac that has the 3-peak snow emblem, but I'd prefer the Ridge Grappler if everyone has had solid winter experiences with them.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am using Nitto 420V A/S tires and they have done just fine so far mostly because they have a great block design with lots of siping, but when the siping wears down they certainly won't do as well. A winter tire would definitely do much better. I am probably going to get a second set of wheels and tires for next winter. tires.jpg

Gusman4

Reaction score
In my experience here in Colorado my Best winter tires are the two you mentioned not wanting to get. I have duratracs now but had ko2 before and both where excellent in snow and ice. They also hold up well on our back country roads and trails.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wish I could weigh in on the Ridge Grapplers, love the look of the tire but 3Peak was required for me as CalTrans will truly check for it in R1+ conditions. The KO2's were killer on my last ride, will test the Duratracs this year and see if I go KO2 again or try the RG's.

watching this thread to see what other's winter experience is with RGs

Steelchamps

Reaction score
I'm curious also. Who actually has RG and drives them in snow like OP asked?

Beard

Reaction score
I’m on my 2nd set of Ridge Grapplers. They are pretty rockin’ in the snow! I haven’t owned the other brands that you have mentioned tho!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GraniteRam

Reaction score
Falken wildpeak at3 is snow rated also. I have no experience with them though.

RenoRam

Reaction score
Have RGs now for over a year and with snow/ice here in Reno and they have performed well in these conditions. Haven't had any complaints but I will caveat this by stating there is no substitute for winter tires. Just my 2 cents...

MF2020

Reaction score
I recently moved to Colorado and needing a more "meaty" tire for the winter up here. I love the Ridge Grappler in which I have ran on previous trucks. That being said, the Ridge Grappler is not backed by the 3-peak snow emblem, but I've seen people running them up here in Denver. Has anyone had any experience with Ridge Grapplers on ice/snow, and would it be a solid tire to run in Colorado winters. Yes I can go with a KO2 or Duratrac that has the 3-peak snow emblem, but I'd prefer the Ridge Grappler if everyone has had solid winter experiences with them.
I have Nitto Ridge Grapplers and I live in Upstate NY. They are good enough for Winter but my Blizzaks were better. But with that being said, the Nittos are so cool looking...the Blizzaks are in the garage right now. LOL

Txy

Reaction score
For me, they are a step down in terms of winter traction compared to the stock Bridgestone Duellers, but they are decent in snow. Doable. You just have to adjust to how they ride in the winter. Running them at 35 psi right now because they were terrible in the snow at 45 psi.

Steelchamps

Reaction score
For me, they are a step down in terms of winter traction compared to the stock Bridgestone Duellers, but they are decent in snow. Doable. You just have to adjust to how they ride in the winter. Running them at 35 psi right now because they were terrible in the snow at 45 psi.
Wait......a step DOWN from the Bridgestone duellers!???
Oh my goodness. Now I'm perplexed.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^^. Wow I’ve never heard them considered a step down considering the factory Bridgestone SUK, but again that’s my personal feeling.

Txy

Reaction score
Yup, that's my opinion on the RG's lol. I've been using duellers every winter for a while now and I actually think they do pretty good in the snow and ice. I just can't get over how good the RG's look.

MF2020

Reaction score
Yup, that's my opinion on the RG's lol. I've been using duellers every winter for a while now and I actually think they do pretty good in the snow and ice. I just can't get over how good the RG's look.
OK, Finally figured out how to post a photo and comment at the same time! LOL 8C453BCA-F29F-48C3-B16B-D00E8EAA1F5C_1_201_a.jpeg

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have Nitto Ridge Grapplers and I live in Upstate NY. They are good enough for Winter but my Blizzaks were better. But with that being said, the Nittos are so cool looking...the Blizzaks are in the garage right now. LOL

"UpstateNY"?were neighbors.if your using a set for winter another for summer.than thats what im going to do for my stock.just for winter.ill get another set for winter! ;) :ROFLMAO:!

MFALRAM

Reaction score
I’m from Central NewYork and the Bridgestones sucked in the snow , they also suck in the rain. Worst tires I’ve ever had on a vehicle. I put ridge grapplers on 285/60/20’s and they are tons better than the bridgestones. No problems in the snow yet with the ridge grapplers. Expensive yes but well worth it

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m from Central NewYork and the Bridgestones sucked in the snow , they also suck in the rain. Worst tires I’ve ever had on a vehicle. I put ridge grapplers on 285/60/20’s and they are tons better than the bridgestones. No problems in the snow yet with the ridge grapplers. Expensive yes but well worth it
yes im from "CnY"also.if anyone here understand our weather it would be us.and i will take your advice and get those..thanks and keep warm :LOL: :LOL:

Users who are viewing this thread