5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ride Quality

A4Owner

Reaction score
I live in a cold Canadian city where the road quality is best describe by the word: CRAP. If you have anything even slightly resembling a sports car, get ready for lower back pain and LOTs of suspension repair bills. What I would like to know is which 1500 suspension set up is best for where I live between a LTD with the a/s or a LTD or I guess LHorn with coils? I know both would have 22s so this is not a wheel tire question. Question is more which suspension does a better job of isolating "choppy" broken pavement and pot holes so more "jarring" medium size stuff for a city? I always thought a/s was the stiffer set up so would that not mean coils are superior in this case?

Sparcky

Reaction score
Have had 2019, 2022 LTD with air suspension. They are smooth. I am in Ontario, Canada

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I live in a cold Canadian city where the road quality is best describe by the word: CRAP. If you have anything even slightly resembling a sports car, get ready for lower back pain and LOTs of suspension repair bills. What I would like to know is which 1500 suspension set up is best for where I live between a LTD with the a/s or a LTD or I guess LHorn with coils? I know both would have 22s so this is not a wheel tire question. Question is more which suspension does a better job of isolating "choppy" broken pavement and pot holes so more "jarring" medium size stuff for a city? I always thought a/s was the stiffer set up so would that not mean coils are superior in this case?
Any Ram suspension, but opt for the 20" wheels over the 22's. There's something to be said about taller sidewalls and helping absorb more jarring cracks/holes/uneven pavement

Josh24

Reaction score
I had a 2020 Laramie with coil suspension and recently bought a 2023 Limited with air. The air drives much smoother specifically over broken pavement, rough roads, etc. I debated getting the air for awhile being also in a cold climate but so far am very happy with it.

A4Owner

Reaction score
Hahaha that's literally a $100,000 truck. Man that must be a sweet ride.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Does the 5.7 still sound awesome?
I had a 19 Laramie, that sounded great. Sporty exhaust from the factory. Drove a 23 Limited. QUIET exhaust. It would be nice if you could choose exhaust on an order.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a 19 Laramie, that sounded great. Sporty exhaust from the factory. Drove a 23 Limited. QUIET exhaust. It would be nice if you could choose exhaust on an order.
The exhaust hasn't changed, other than the GT system from factory. You either have single or dual systems.

6of36

Reaction score
The exhaust hasn't changed, other than the GT system from factory. You either have single or dual systems.
Duals on both, both were etorque, huge sound difference. Maybe one had resonators and the other didn't.

6of36

Reaction score
They removed the resonator between cat and muffler late in 2020 model year
That made a huge difference. I loved the sound of my 19. If I ever can order a 23, I guess I will have to replace the exhaust.

6of36

Reaction score
Ah yes my bad I forgot about that. Wouldn't the resonator make the 19 in theory quieter than a 23?
A resonator is not a muffler. It doesn't quiet the exhaust, it changes resonance, changing the tone.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
well can't help you if you're keeping it stock, but i'll say my Rebel with stock wheels and tires (18in wheels, 33 inch tires) with Fox 2.5 rides pretty comfortable on commiefornia third world country roads.
but then again, I did set it up to run desert terrains so my setup is at home on choppy and jarring surfaces. I also blow through dips, potholes, and bumps like they are not there going maximum speed limit lol

A4Owner

Reaction score
Sorry dumb question but Audi is kind of like this too: can you not just remove the resonators?

Booch

Reaction score
Fox shocks.
well can't help you if you're keeping it stock, but i'll say my Rebel with stock wheels and tires (18in wheels, 33 inch tires) with Fox 2.5 rides pretty comfortable on commiefornia third world country roads.
but then again, I did set it up to run desert terrains so my setup is at home on choppy and jarring surfaces. I also blow through dips, potholes, and bumps like they are not there going maximum speed limit lol
Fox 2.0s on my Rebel are quite comfy, too. Much less harsh than the digressive Bilsteins on choppy roads.

Users who are viewing this thread