5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ride Height Not Permitted Due To Payload

OutlawHemi22

Reaction score
Had this light pop up the last two nights when getting into my truck. Both times it was in off-road 2. Won’t let me manually lower it at all. Kicks out of off-road 1 and 2 at the normal speeds it would normally do it. Won’t let me drop into aero manually and won’t do it automatically when I hit the required speed. Anyone else get this before? And no there was nothing in the bed or towing anything.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'd try disconnecting battery to reset PCM/BCM and see if it helps.

Rammmer

Reaction score
I had this same message with my air suspension. It might not be the same issue, but my truck came with a leaking front right air shock. When it was replaced the air suspension worked normally.

I'd take it to the dealer.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

OutlawHemi22

Reaction score
I had this same message with my air suspension. It might not be the same issue, but my truck came with a leaking front right air shock. When it was replaced the air suspension worked normally.

I'd take it to the dealer.

You have any other issues when the front shock was bad?

Rammmer

Reaction score
Yeah - compressor coming on a lot. The manual ride height adjustment randomly working and not working. The front shocks would not come up randomly. After the truck sat it deflated down and was uneven because it was losing air in the front right bag.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a similar message on mine after going through some deep water. One of my connectors on the load sensors was loose and I opened it up, cleaned it and made sure it was snapped together securely. They are waterproof connectors, but the connector wasn't latched fully.

You can see the sensors by the read axle and the bed.

banditsc

Reaction score
Had this light pop up the last two nights when getting into my truck. Both times it was in off-road 2. Won’t let me manually lower it at all. Kicks out of off-road 1 and 2 at the normal speeds it would normally do it. Won’t let me drop into aero manually and won’t do it automatically when I hit the required speed. Anyone else get this before? And no there was nothing in the bed or towing anything.
Did you see if the suspension would adjust when you were not sitting in the truck? :D

Neil McCauley

Reaction score
I got it once before. No idea what it was. It was parked overnight with stuff on the open tailgate but that's nothing new.

Wtray

Reaction score
When that happens to me, I turn the truck off, lower to entry exit via Key fob and start the truck back up. Issue goes away for awhile.

OutlawHemi22

Reaction score
Put in off-road 2 last night when I parked it. Jumped in it today and was able to cycle down and back up no problem. Weird.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had this error when I picked up a load of sand last year. But I was actually overloaded.

Users who are viewing this thread