5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RHO towing

MT755

Reaction score
RHO actually has more available towing than the TRX.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240426_111236_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240426_111236_Chrome.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 15

rick619

Reaction score
RHO actually has more available towing than the TRX.

The TRX is more of an offroad build. So the larger the tires and more suspension lift is going to lower the tow ratings. The smallest OEM tires and lightest truck with fewest options and lowest gears will have better tow ratings. Longer bed will also help the tow specs due to wheelbase.

I'd assume most aren't using their TRX as a dedicated tow rig. People that can afford one probably have a different tow rig lol.

lancer-am

Reaction score
The TRX is more of an offroad build. So the larger the tires and more suspension lift is going to lower the tow ratings. The smallest OEM tires and lightest truck with fewest options and lowest gears will have better tow ratings. Longer bed will also help the tow specs due to wheelbase.

I'd assume most aren't using their TRX as a dedicated tow rig. People that can afford one probably have a different tow rig lol.
The RHO and the TRX are pretty much the same suspension and tire setup. What is contributing to the RHO's increased towing capacity and payload are really the lighter engine. The 3.92 in the RHO vs the 3.55 in the TRX really helps as well. While I agree it won't be a primary tow vehicle for most, on the TRX forums you will find folks that tow with them, but it has a fairly low payload which can limit what you tow, the RHO's increased payload actually has me considering it to replace my current truck as it really looks to do it all. It has most all the creature comforts of the higher trim Rams in Level 1 for daily driving, a 1500# payload means it can handle my travel trailer without worry, and it will be a ton of fun when I want to take it out. If the payload had stayed the same as the TRX it would have disqualified it for me.

MT755

Reaction score
The name of the thread is "RHO towing". I guess i should have added "more than the trx" I assumed the audience here would would read that part in. The attached shows the increased towing limits over the TRX.

Users who are viewing this thread