5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RFH Issues

Hobble

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2019 RAM 1500. A month after I got it, lost all power to the dash. Had it towed to a RAM dealer and they have been trying to figure out what is the issue. They replaced the RFH (Radio Frequency Hub) and that has brought some modules/info back online but not all of it. They've tested several connectors, wiring, electrical, etc and are currently working w/ the manufacturer to determine the failure. Has anyone had any similar issues that they have not been able to resolve?

Thanks

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2019 RAM 1500. A month after I got it, lost all power to the dash. Had it towed to a RAM dealer and they have been trying to figure out what is the issue. They replaced the RFH (Radio Frequency Hub) and that has brought some modules/info back online but not all of it. They've tested several connectors, wiring, electrical, etc and are currently working w/ the manufacturer to determine the failure. Has anyone had any similar issues that they have not been able to resolve?

Thanks
I’m having intermittent power loss issues that I’m still trying to figure out. Mine just flashes and resets when running sometimes and causes my engine to cut off when it does it

LITTLEREBEL

Reaction score

Thanks
Is there any chance that a rodent got under the hood a chewed some wires?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Got a leaky rear window? From what I understand, water intrusion from the rear window (or CHMSL) can leak down and damage the electronics associated with the RFH module.

And since it appears that both of you have 2019's (which are prone to the water intrusion problem), I would be looking closely at that.

Hobble

Reaction score
The dealer has it so I would assume they are looking at that?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The dealer has it so I would assume they are looking at that?
You know what happens when you assume. It makes an @SS out of U and ME...

I'd ask them specifically to look for signs of water.

LITTLEREBEL

Reaction score
Got a leaky rear window? From what I understand, water intrusion from the rear window (or CHMSL) can leak down and damage the electronics associated with the RFH module.

And since it appears that both of you have 2019's (which are prone to the water intrusion problem), I would be looking closely at that.
Not a Ram, but I had a expedition years ago and the windshield was leaking and water was running into the fuse block causing the truck to just die randomly. I forgot about that until you mentioned this.

Hobble

Reaction score
I wondered if that might be the initial problem, but, since they have replaced the RFH thought that would have taken care of that. Nevertheless, I did ask them. Their response was "It doesn't look like there's any water intrusion in the connectors and there was no indication of water at the back glass/carpet that was seen"

Geddyflea

Reaction score
Could possibly be one (or more) of the ground contact points is corroded. I've read on here several instances of this happening.

Hobble

Reaction score
Update: On Friday they contacted me they found a connector at the passenger side rear seat that was shorting and shutting down the whole main frame system. That new seat sensor is two weeks out. Hopefully the impending union strike won't delay it. She said this was the first time they had seen this. No water intrusion. No logical reason as to why this happened apparently. Just my luck I guess. Hopefully not a look into things to come. Thanks for all the suggestions/advice.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Adding here also rear glass has extended warranty so does the 3rd brake light.

Attachments

• backlite.pdf
    307.4 KB · Views: 12
  • chmsl.pdf
    62.6 KB · Views: 6

RedSox10NG

Reaction score
They found my RF Hub needs replaced due to a “short to ground.” Any thoughts on what can cause this? I have not yet asked about water from the 3rd brake light, as I am hoping to corner that issue down specifically and use that reason for them to replace RFH at heavily discounted/free cost.

Users who are viewing this thread