5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RevRam new Reg open 24hrs

NJT3

Reaction score
Just got an email this morning the RevRam will be at the NYC auto show starting tomorrow April5th and they have opened the registration again for 24hrs to get in line to get in line again for the $100.00

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How does it make sense to pay an extra $100 just to be early in line for something so uncertain? :unsure: I might be willing to pay a bit extra to be middle of the pack when the actual product is known, most of the bugs have been worked out, production is running smooth, and quality is consistent. Maybe that's just me. 🤷‍♂️

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
I'm guessing so many people dropped out that they needed to open the reservations back up.
I'm pretty close myself. I don't care about the position in line so much as getting information earlier but so far everything get's reposted publicly so quick, the $100 isn't really getting you anything.

They could have at least sent out a T-shirt so we felt like we actually got something for the money.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Don't forget that $100 is NOT A DOWN PAYMENT. and NOT refundable once they announce the pre-order date (even if you don't wait till the pre-order date to cancel).

People need to read the damn terms and conditions.
What a bunch of crooks.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't forget that $100 is NOT A DOWN PAYMENT. and NOT refundable once they announce the pre-order date (even if you don't wait till the pre-order date to cancel).

People need to read the damn terms and conditions.
What a bunch of crooks.
That's a bit more militant than my take on it, but as a business model it appears to suck, and I don't get it...

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
That's a bit more militant than my take on it, but as a business model it appears to suck, and I don't get it...
It's not my take on it.
They have a rather small terms and conditions for you to read

Only 5 pages.

I am copy and pasting the below, I did not type any of it.
Can't get much more clearer then that, then went went as far to capitalize the word "NOT" to make it clear.
They just want to get $100 from any sucker who wants to give their money away.

an eligible participant must pay One Hundred Dollars ($100) to 2 join the Program (“Join Fee”). Upon providing his/her valid credit card information, participant will be charged a one (1) time fee of One Hundred Dollars ($100) to join the Program. Accepted forms of payment include major label credit/debit cards (such as AMEX, Discover, Visa, Mastercard). Upon successful completion and verification of the registration information and payment of the Join Fee, Member will receive a place in line to be able to pre-order a Ram 1500 REV (“Offer Item”).

Member’s place in line to be able to pre-order a Ram 1500 REV is based on a first come, first served basis. Members will receive an e-mail communication (to the e-mail address provided upon registration) from Ram notifying them when early access to pre-order will open (this will occur approximately two [2] weeks prior to pre-ordering opening to the public).

Member’s participation in the Program is not a guarantee that Member will be able to order or purchase a Ram 1500 REV but only provides a place in line for a pre-order and does not guarantee a Ram 1500 REV will become available for purchase or that a vehicle will be delivered by any particular dealer.

Member’s Join Fee will NOT go toward the purchase of the Ram 1500 REV should participant decide to purchase the vehicle. Join Fees are refundable until the first notice that the Ram 1500 REV becomes available for early access pre-order communicated by Ram

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
"What a bunch of crooks" was your take on it. You typed that.
Charging $100 to be allowed to wait in line to then attempt to pre-order something?
How else would you explain that.
It's not a business model if you aren't selling anything... I have never heard of people paying to be allowed wait in a line.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Someone wrote code for the list, and if people pay to be on it, there is income from it. I think that qualifies as business. Probably legal, maybe not useful, no one twisting your arm. Wherever you go, there you are. 🤷‍♂️

NJT3

Reaction score
FYI this was the email text below... I agree seems silly but then for my music service website I'm doing I met with expert in crowdfunding and he said we'd first send out email that will take to a page and charge a $1 to get to our order subscription.. he said they have done testing and lower the amount the more people eat it up to wait in line lol...

Email text
When we debuted the Ram 1500 REV on the Big Game, we were blown away by the interest, and quickly reached our max capacity for preorders in our Ram 1500 REV Insider+ Program.
To anticipate additional demand expected after the Ram 1500 REV is publicly revealed at the New York Auto Show on April 5th, additional preorder slots have been opened. Stay tuned for a live stream link to the reveal, where Ram Brand CEO, Mike Koval, will discuss the features most important to truck customers: range, towing, payload and charge time.
For a limited time, Ram Revolution Insiders like you have the first chance to become a Ram 1500 REV Insider+ member and secure your spot for a preorder.
BECOME A RAM 1500 REV INSIDER+ MEMBER
You only have 24 hours of early access so don't miss out. Not only will you get your spot in line to preorder the Ram 1500 REV, you'll get access to more exclusive events, new Ram 1500 REV information as it is released, first-ever test drive opportunities and the earliest access to additional preorder details and information.

Users who are viewing this thread